Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

specific streaming site question: exception won't work

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
specific streaming site question: exception won't work
May 13, 2011 12:08AM
Hi:

Relatively new to this, but trying to stream my local NPR affiliate (http://www.opb.org/radio/listennow/player.php/). I just had to reinstall my system, and so I know the exact IP addresses being blocked:
204.27.190.92 (destination) from either 76.105.193.96:2323 or :2305, :2442, :2441, or :2427 (source), or 76.105.193.96:2305 or :2323 as destination, with 204.27.190.92 as source.

So in both instances the source and destinations being blocked are added on each entry, as above.

I've added all of these to my allow list. Is there something I'm missing, or someone who is actually willing to check this out and figure out what is going on with this? Will def provide more info if necessary. At worst, will just not block http when want to stream, but that can be a bit of an annoyance.

Thanks in advance!
Re: specific streaming site question: exception won't work
May 13, 2011 12:35AM
204.27.190.92 Is the NPR according to searching the IP here - [www.iblocklist.com]

You can either right click the IP, and click allow, or save the text below in a TXT file, and add it to PeerBlock as a allow list.
The NPR IP's are in the Bluetack level1 (Default P2P), TBG Primary Threats, and the I-Blocklist United States.

Oregon Public Broadcasting:204.27.190.0-204.27.190.255
Oh fabulous! Entered that range and having no problems (at this point at least; you never know). Thank you so much!

BTW: is there some tool by which you can easily look up ip addresses for different urls or companies? Could make it easier to troubleshoot blocked programs.
Re: specific streaming site question: exception won't work
May 13, 2011 01:11AM
If you use Firefox, you can try this add-on - [addons.mozilla.org] , Just visit the site's page, and it will display the IP on the bottom right side of your browser.

You can also try searching for companies on the search page - [www.iblocklist.com]
great; I'll bookmark the add on for the future. good to know. that might be good to add to the faq if it's not there (i skimmed over it but didn't see the ff plug in mentioned)..

thanks for all of your help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login