Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BitTorrent & Peer Block

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
BitTorrent & Peer Block
June 17, 2011 01:04PM
I am using Bit torrent for the first time. Sad I know as I have always been an Ares fan. However, using Bit torrent I notice that while running PB, this stops Bittorrent from connecting to the internet hence i cannot download anything.

Can anyone recommend any suggested settings so that I can use Bit torrent effectively whilst using Peer Block in Block mode?

Thanks
Re: BitTorrent & Peer Block
June 17, 2011 01:43PM
you could switch to utorrent for downloading, works just fine with PB and i prefer ut over bit any day.

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
Anonymous User
June 17, 2011 01:57PM
The problem is in the setup guide on Utorrent and Bit torrent the connection times out with an error.
June 17, 2011 02:51PM
What lists are you using?

You can upload your "peerblock.conf" and we can try and see if any of the lists you are using are causing the issue.

If you have any I-Blocklist subscription URL's, just remove your ID/PIN from the URL inside of PeerBlock, before uploading.
Anonymous User
June 17, 2011 08:32PM
Here it is
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.conf (13.5 KB)
June 17, 2011 10:56PM
I just took at look at it, I suspect the bogon list is causing the issue.
Anonymous User
June 18, 2011 11:46AM
What is Bogon? I removed the Bogon list and i still have problems. I have attached the image that I am getting problems with. Also with Peerblock in HTTP Blocked mode i have another problem. Check out attachment

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2011 12:01PM by wakd.
Attachments:
open | download - utorrent.JPG (43.7 KB)
open | download - utorrent1.JPG (204.6 KB)
June 18, 2011 04:00PM
The bogon list is an list of IP's that have no official use. Some routers tend too use some of those IP's.

The reason the uTorrent setup guide fails is because one or more of the lists are blocking its connection.

The reason as to why the uTorrent site is not working is because the sites IP address is in one or more of the lists you are using, and running PeerBlock blocking HTTP is going to cause sites to not load. You can temporarily disable the HTTP block while on the internet.
June 18, 2011 07:41PM
whats your entire bittorrent settings? i ask because i have never had problems running ut and pb together, i have the bogon list as well and have yet to have any connectivity issues with ut.

on a side note what ip's come up as blocked when you attempt to run bittorrent whilst using pb? do you have problems with every download or just some?

*edit

after looking at your one set of ut settings you are set up correctly, your ports are open. i've had the speed test fail that ut employs but still was able to download with or without the green icon (connectivity icon). also some of the seeders/trackers you are attempting to contact might be in one of your lists (for a reason too), if you haven't done this then i would do this if i were you so we can rule this out: download 10 different torrents (do it legally, dont get in trouble because of me k) and tell us if you have the same problem for each one (you dont necessarily have to download movies but just anything to see if any are successful).

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2011 07:47PM by brandonjm8.
Anonymous User
June 19, 2011 03:35PM
I still cannot connect to anything using utorrent. Here is a snap shot of what PB is blocking. Also, here is the block lists I am using. I also notice that Ares and Frostwire are not as good while using these lists.

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

[list.iblocklist.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2011 03:46PM by wakd.
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.JPG (38.2 KB)
June 19, 2011 08:46PM
This is for the uTorrent Test - One or more of those lists are blocking the connection. You should try and run the test and see what IP's keep showing up. Do a search for them here - [www.iblocklist.com] - And disable whatever lists those IP's show up in.

As to why uTorrent is not connecting too anything, You are blocking a wide variety of American based IP's, AOL, AT&T, Comcast, and Road Runner, for example.

As for the picture in your last post, you are blocking HTTP, so if the sites IP is in one of the lists, as long as you have are Blocking HTTP, the site will not load.

[www.peerblock.com]
Anonymous User
June 20, 2011 06:56AM
So, I guess I should go through each list and find out which one blocks the connection. The other thing I have tried is MP3 Rocket. Again if I allow Http it will connect and cownload but blocking http stops the download. Is this the same kind of problem i have had with utorrent?

23.58pm Just been looking through my blocklists and it seems that the Spider list and exclusions list was stopping MP3 Rocket from loading or downloading. This time I am able to download with HTTP disabled. However, even though I have 27 lists up to date blocking 2,257,731,401 ips the blocking activity is pretty quite when compared to using Ares or Frostwire.

In fact the blocking activity is almost nothing. Although testing PB using ping 3.0.0.0 or www.roadrunner.com in the cmd window, PB is blocking.

Any ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2011 06:01PM by wakd.
Anonymous User

June 21, 2011 09:21PM
Set the Exclusions list to Allow mode. If you were blocking that list
you were blocking everything you need to connect with.

Anonymous User
Re:  
June 23, 2011 06:47PM
I have added the Exclusions list and allowed. I also re added the Spider list. The Spider list stops MP3 Rocket from connecting or downloading yet there is a lot of blocking activity within PeerBlock. So, I have had to disable the Spider list for it to work again but in doing so, there is not a lot of blocking activity using MP3 Rocket when compared to Ares and I dont know why. All my lists are up to date and PB is working correctly.
Anonymous User

June 23, 2011 09:56PM
MP3 Rocket is a LimeWire clone with some web pages added so the blocks must be on those web sites.
Post some logs from when it starts up and is being blocked and maybe I can find something to unblock.

You don't need the spiders list unless you have a web site you don't want to see on Google and the like.
Anonymous User
Re:  
June 24, 2011 09:02AM
I have attached an image of what PB blocks when MP3 Rocket is starting up. Another IP is Cologlobal that is also blocked. But again when I start downloading on MP3 Rocket there is not much blocking activity and it is that, that worries me. The list that is disabled of course is the Spider list.

Thanks for your help.
Attachments:
open | download - PB.JPG (65.2 KB)
Anonymous User

June 24, 2011 11:12AM
None of those are blocked by Bluetack so it must be one of your other lists.
Which ones are you using?

These two ranges aren't blocked but I put them into the Master Exclusions list anyway:
MP3 Techsupport Inc:68.71.44.144-68.71.44.151
MP3 Techsupport Inc:70.38.113.248-70.38.113.255
Anonymous User
Re:  
June 24, 2011 12:29PM
Ok so I am now able to download using MP3 Rocket and I thank you for your help. But my concern is that whilst using MP3 Rocket to download, PB is not blocking anything or at least there is no activity in the block window. Whereas if I switch to Ares and download PB is persistently blocking the usual suspects. And again I don't know why PB is very quit when using MP3 Rocket when compared to Ares.
Anonymous User

June 24, 2011 12:51PM
They are on two completely different networks.
If you were using MP3 Rocket all the time your
hit count on that network would go up too,
Anonymous User
Re:  
June 24, 2011 01:04PM
So from my attachments you can see I have blocklists up to date and the HTTP is blocked. So am i still quite safe downloading using MP3 Rocket even though the blocking activity within PB is fairly quite? I know you are never 100% safe but is PB still protecting me i.e. on guard as it were?
June 24, 2011 02:13PM
as long as the ping test works (command prompt "ping 3.0.0.0" (GE, its on lvl 1 list)) and gives you the "general failure" response then PB will block the ip ranges within your block lists.

Anonymous User
June 24, 2011 03:11PM
It does work definitely
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login