Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IP is Blocked

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
IP is Blocked
September 25, 2011 09:31PM
I run a seedbox with Kimsufi IP and peerblock's lists are blocking it. This kind of sucks as it limits my ability and I am not sure how to get it unblocked. Any advice to offer? I sent a email to the list guys (or so I think) and so far no replies and I am still getting blocked.

At first I thought "no big deal" but over half a swarm blocks me now. This makes the whole point of the box moot :/ Thank you very much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2011 09:38PM by Twist86.
Re: IP is Blocked
September 26, 2011 02:29AM
Welcome to the forums.

You would need to contact the list author(s), and talk with them to get it removed.

You can put the IP here, (or message to me), and I can point you in the right direction.
Anonymous User
September 26, 2011 01:21PM
I see thank you. I sent you a PM and also followed your instructions. Thank you kindly for your help.
Anonymous User
September 26, 2011 01:58PM
I would like to jump in here as well. I am in this case the renter of host server and the ip numbers in question here. I have several servers all used as seedboxes for multiple users that fall into block ranges of the current list. The ips in question are:

ip numbers removed for security reasons

Since these are OVH servers and rented and turned over an a regular basis it make no sense to have such a huge range being blocked. A lot of OVH servers are being used as seedboxed and it really defeats the purpose of the blocklist to blacklist a huge group of ip that could potenially be seedboxes.

With so many people using your list there is no way for me to contact all of these users and have them white list the ips I used.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2011 09:42PM by yohoho46.
Anonymous User

October 22, 2011 07:50PM
Unfortunately the number of legitimate seedboxes and users on OVH ranges is heavily overshadowed by malware/spam distributors
and some anti-P2P companies working for HADOPI and the scumbag lawyers who send exorbitant speculative invoices to P2P users.
It's a scheme the courts in the UK and Germany have already condemned as inaccurate and potentially extortion because none of their
threatened lawsuits have made it to trial. They were moving about to avoid blocks so after the range accumulated very high numbers of
individual blocks it made much better sense to block the lot and whitelist the few legitimate customers who wanted to reach the public.

In your case, yohoho, your servers were unblocked as soon as we heard about it. Anybody else who needs a pinhole in the OVH SAS
ranges can get it done quickly over at Bluetack, the main source of anti-P2P blocklists that most other blocklist makers base theirs upon.
Depending on how quickly and how often the other lists update themselves your blocks will disappear between overnight to a few days.

Bluetack Internet Security Solutions - Invalid IP Blocks Support

IRC: irc.synirc.net:6667 #Bluetack
Anonymous User
December 06, 2011 10:14AM
this is really interesting, i've come across this thread because i've been having trouble downloading some torrents and just realized what if the ip's are being blocked by accident or if they're fake, can an end-user (downloader) do anything in this situation?
December 07, 2011 03:44AM
@neonerd

If you believe some IP's are being blocked by mistake, please find what list(s) they are in, and contact the list author(s).

If its in a Bluetack list, click the link Aaron.Walkhouse posted, register an account on their forums, and post the IP(s).

Other lists, you will need to contact their author(s).
Anonymous User
December 09, 2011 09:35PM
thanks, luckily i already had an account there lol posted
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login