Anonymous User
PC hammering IP
December 21, 2011 07:15PM
For the last few weeks, my PC has been constantly trying to contact 165.201.146.228. I have the L1 Blocklist, as well as the spyware and advertising lists. PeerBlock says it's the Kansas Department of System and Communications. I can't find any info on it anywhere on the web. I have no idea why my PC is trying to make an HTTP connection to this IP. It happens mostly when I first open my browser, (my homepage is Google) and occasionally at other random times during the day. I've run malware scans, and deleted any cookies that might have something to do with the IP, and no luck.

If anyone can find out exactly what this thing is, I'd appreciate it.
Anonymous User
Re: PC hammering IP
January 04, 2012 06:10PM
You can check, which app tries to connect to this unique IP: Win Vista/7 'Resource Monitor'.
Choose Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Resource Monitor (or jump out of task manager).
Choose network and look for the program, that tries to connect to the specific IP. May be, you have to disable PeerBlock.
or [forums.peerblock.com]
Anonymous User

January 12, 2012 08:34AM
That might be a time server. Double-click on the time display of your desktop's toolbar and look at the Internet Time settings.
If your PC was trying to set it's clock from a government server you might see an error message or find the server's name in the list.

It might otherwise be one of your DNS servers. Look at the detailed status of your network connection and see if it's anywhere in there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login