Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Right-Click to Allow?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Right-Click to Allow?
March 03, 2010 02:50PM
Okay so I recently picked up PeerBlock once i was introduced to PeerGuardian 2 and I must say I really like this stuff its new to me and i'm learning about blocklist and all that jazz,... It's also really neat to see it actually block the different ip's. Good stuff!~ Anyway so I love the program and all but I noticed that Square/Square-Enix is in the anti-p2p blocklist, which is fine and all figures they would be,... anyway so that leads me to my problem I play Final Fantasy XI online and when i try to sign in it actually blocks Square game,... so i right clicked the block and it has the option to Allow temporary or forever as far as i can tell those options actually don't work I tried the 1 hour allow thing multiple times and then try to sign in only to see it blocked again. ATM since i want to leave the entry in case i actually need it one day... lol. only work around i have is to close peerblock :/ help? advice?
Re: Right-Click to Allow?
March 03, 2010 03:06PM
[iblocklist.com]

this is the Square Enix "ALLOW" list to play your games online, make sure that you set this list to "ALLOW" and not "BLOCK".

or to make this easy for ya, copy and paste this link [list.iblocklist.com] to the update URL spot when you create a list using "LIST MANAGER" and set it to "ALLOW".

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2010 03:09PM by brandonjm8.
Anonymous User
May 03, 2010 10:30PM
I have to say, peerblock blocks alot of stupid sites. Near enough every major news site is blocked, along with alot of software companies.

Try finding out about football info with peerblock running, skyspots, bbc and espn are all blocked. Why? I have no idea, I don't think any of those companies are a threat to me.
May 04, 2010 02:58AM
PeerBlock only blocks what you want it to block so it's not PeerBlocks fault if it blocks too much.

Also, PeerBlock does not maintain the lists.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login