Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

blizzard allow lists?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
blizzard allow lists?
April 10, 2010 02:32AM
i have recently been introduced to peerblock due to the amazingly swift bill that is being passed in england that is seeking to clamp down on illegal downloads, i dont like the idea of people snooping round my system like some secret police crap. I play world of warcraft a lot and am unable to download any allow lists for the peer blocker programme. when i try creating a list using the blizzard list url, it updates and says cannot verify list, can someone kindly explain to me as simple as possible the steps i need to take to ensure i can download and implement the allow list for blizzard. thanks
Anonymous User
Re: blizzard allow lists?
April 10, 2010 02:37AM
ok i am oficially a noob, i first read the blizz post at the bottom of the list of threads and took my download from there, it didnt work because i wnet to the wrong site and linked the wrong url into peerblock allow list, my bad, i have sorted it now lol
April 10, 2010 06:07PM
Heh, yeah, a lot of people had been entering the wrong URL for these iblocklist.com hosted lists . . . so we've since put in a "list-addition sanity-checking" feature, so that PeerBlock can detect wrong URLs like this and fix them for you! winking smiley This feature's in our recent Beta Releases, will be in our next Stable Release hopefully coming in a couple weeks...

Sorry about the confusion,

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
April 30, 2010 06:06PM
Blizzard allow list aka WoW allow list [iblocklist.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login