Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"exploseek.com" search allow?/which list is blocking?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
"exploseek.com" search allow?/which list is blocking?
June 20, 2010 10:04AM
anyone ever try exploseek? The IP address of www.exploseek.com is 89.18.176.50

The IP address 89.18.176.50 is assigned to Great Britain (UK)

it will allow you to find "indexes" if you use it correctly buts its being blocked by one of my lists and i cannot tell which one. this is a great program (Peer-block) but i just dont get how its been constructed. when you try and "view" a list you would think the "IP" range would be sorted so you can check whats being blocked. it seems most lists are "managed" this way..but why is the list "spammers" not sorted? and just what good..or how does the "search" function work? does it search by the "IP"..or is it by alpha? it takes all damn day to find what particular list contains the "IP" you would like to allow without allowing all "HTTP". or am i not doing it correctly?
Anonymous User
Re: "exploseek.com" search allow?/which list is blocking?
June 20, 2010 10:17AM
OK...all i have to do is HTTP block and ck the blinking PB and i can find out which list is blocking explo...and it is the spammers/malware....is there anyway to..or is it a good idea to allow just exploseek? similar to pandora allow?...i have never experienced any sort of problem with using explo....
June 20, 2010 12:15PM
You're right, our list-viewing/searching functionality is in sore need of a rewrite.  For now the easiest way to find out what list(s) include a certain IP address is to use the iBlocklist.com Search Page.  Searching for an IP address will show you which ranges in which lists contain that IP address, and also pull up the WHOIS info for you.

As far as how "safe" any of these IP addresses are, we can't really speak to that - you should contact the list-authors to find out why they were put on the various lists.

Hope that helps,

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
June 21, 2010 07:18AM
thanks for the help. again, must have been my impatience. maybe i didn't sign into "I-Block"..i thought i clicked on the "update URL" link and it gave me the option to save..which i didnt feel like doing. i signed in and clicked and there was the "IP" addresses. at least i think that's what occurred?i did use "WHOIS" top get the "IP" of "explo.."

hmmm...weird. i am logged on to "I-Block" now and im not getting the save option...but im quite sure thats what occurred...and its happened before also. maybe they changed how it works? all i know is clicking on the update url is showing the range..which is what i wanted originally.

still, its a great program. i guess all i need to do is allow the spammers list to use explo..instead of allowing HTTP....which is not a great option. thanks again for the heads up. appreciate it.

ohhh ****...sorry. yea, the iblock search page i never tried....thanks. yea, thats a good tool.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login