Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how to allow a specific range

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
how to allow a specific range
November 21, 2010 10:48AM
hi,

i want to allow anything from "Vodafone Interactive" through peer block, however i cannot find it in any of the lists, any help would be much appreciated.

i know u can right click and allow, when it comes up, but thats a bit tedious, considering i want to allow all of them. just wondering if there was a way to allow the entire organisation/range

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2010 10:54AM by lostunsunghero.
Anonymous User
Re: how to allow a specific range
November 21, 2010 01:08PM
I would like to know how to do this as well, since I play EverQuest II but right clicking and allowing Sony Online Entertainment / Sony Online Entertainment, Inc doesn't help since every time you load a new zone you are moving to a new server, hence a new IP. I get kicked out of the game every time I zone so I have to dig back into the PB and right click allow.

I just want to allow anything from the "range" name.
November 21, 2010 02:04PM
There's at least a Sony list at iblocklist.org ( [www.iblocklist.com] ) . Put that as an allow list and you'll allow all the IP's you need.

However, I don't think there's a Vodafone list out there. It might help if you told what you're doing when the blocking of the Vodafone IP's starts. If, for example, you're playing an online game, there might be a list with the name of the game on it. Right now that's all I can think of.

Welcome to the forum, both of you.
Anonymous User
November 22, 2010 06:09AM
hi,

its not so much what im doing on my computer, its what im doing on my phone, i have an app called Transdroid, basically it just lets me use the utorrent client on my pc, from my phone so i can remotely control it. however as with most mobile networks, if not all, im given a dynamic IP so everytime i try to update the torrent list from my phone, i have to allow that ip through manually on peerblock, which defeats the purpose of remote control...Its always on the range "vodafone interactive" and the IP's always start with "212.183.140.x" the x is always a different number. so far i think ive allowed quite a lot of different combinations through, but knowing my luck it will be when im out and i need to check my utorrent it will try and go through on an ip which i have yet to allow lol.

again any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: just had a thought...how would i go about creating my own allow list and then adding it to peerblock? i know the IP range i think assuming its 212.183.140.X where the X is any number between 0-99? would i just make a .txt file with all those ip's in it or is it more complicated than that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2010 06:52AM by lostunsunghero.
November 22, 2010 06:03PM
Then this post of mine (link: [forums.peerblock.com] ) would probably answer your question, lostunsunghero. IP addresses can start from 0 and ends at 255, not from 0 to 99 as you thought.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login