Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Allowing URL's

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Allowing URL's
January 06, 2011 08:51PM
Ok I just want to make sure I got this right, so bear with me. I just installed PeerBlock and quickly realized that I blocked all kinds of websites and connections that I normally go to such as internet banking, Steam , downloads.com and local news. Now, I understand why they are in the block lists, but.. to allow these connections, all I did was copy and paste the URL with the http into the list manager and clicked "allow" and now they all work fine. I just want to make sure that I did this right.
Re: Allowing URL's
January 18, 2011 10:49AM
sorry mate, but nope, not the right way to do it.

remove the URL's from the list manager - these are for specially designed IP lists only.

clicking the "allow" button, allows ALL website traffic (actually, all traffic on ports 80 + 443). this is an easy way to let all websites work, but not as secure as using seperate lists from iblocklist.com for these websites.
Anonymous User
February 09, 2011 07:18PM
I also firmly believe something like the above is going to happen to quite a few “industry people”, it just has not happened right now because someone is biding their time so it wont look suspicious if they just “settled” a little while back.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bookkeeping service
Bookkeeping services
accountant London
Anonymous User
April 02, 2011 02:21AM
I just installed this program yesterday & I, too am quickly realizing that I have blocked all my favorite sites which I now can't access.
My streaming broadcasts, facebook, banks, library etc, etc.
I can't find a tutorial or how to, for this program anywhere from "blocker" origin.
Don't know were to begin to find IP's that are safe to allowing & killer IP's to block - nor what to do once I've found them!
Can anyone offer any assistance on how to adjust setting & how to block?
Please
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login