Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I-Team: Hackers Can Take Control of Cars From 3,000 Miles Away

Posted by WhiteHat 
I-Team: Hackers Can Take Control of Cars From 3,000 Miles Away
February 10, 2015 05:57PM
With thousands of new cars and trucks equipped with factory-installed Wi-Fi, hackers have lots of new targets on the road. An I-Team investigation found it is already possible to use Wi-Fi to control key electronics of vehicles from long distances.

[www.nbcnewyork.com]
Re: I-Team: Hackers Can Take Control of Cars From 3,000 Miles Away
July 22, 2015 05:31PM
Hackers Remotely Kill a Jeep on the Highway

For the auto industry and its watchdogs, in other words, Miller and Valasek’s release may be the last warning before they see a full-blown zero-day attack. “The regulators and the industry can no longer count on the idea that exploit code won’t be in the wild,” Savage says. “They’ve been thinking it wasn’t an imminent danger you needed to deal with. That implicit assumption is now dead.”

[www.wired.com]
Re: I-Team: Hackers Can Take Control of Cars From 3,000 Miles Away
August 13, 2015 07:25AM
Hackers Cut a Corvette’s Brakes Via a Common Car Gadget

At the Usenix security conference today, a group of researchers from the University of California at San Diego plan to reveal a technique they could have used to wirelessly hack into any of thousands of vehicles through a tiny commercial device: A 2-inch-square gadget that’s designed to be plugged into cars’ and trucks’ dashboards and used by insurance firms and trucking fleets to monitor vehicles’ location, speed and efficiency.

[www.wired.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login