Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Google launches its own DNS Service...

Posted by DarC 
Re: Google launches its own DNS Service...
February 27, 2010 06:42PM
i wonder if the "free internet" was ever free?

You pay your ISP for the service who in turn pays At&t for use of the lines and network backbone. So the same could be said about the silent part of the sinking ship At&t / Ma' Bell... :-)

Its always important to look at the whole picture instead of comparing parts of it.
February 28, 2010 02:16AM
to get the "whole" picture you must dissect things ;-).

if coffee shops and the like can offer FREE wi-fi in their establishments and still be in the black profit wise then maybe $20-100/month is alittle overkill per person ;-).

things would be alot cheaper if we didnt owe the world over $10,000,000,000,000 (we can thank mr. bush for the extra 7 trillion dollars he added to it after clinton got it down to 3 trillion with 100's of billions in surpluses ;-)). its a means of control, very simple. it wont happen in my life time but id love to see the world without money, i would die to see that if only for a day (daydreaming...).

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2010 02:19AM by brandonjm8.
February 28, 2010 12:17PM
LOL its coming vary soon. Once the sandwich coin was introduced into the puddle back in the early forties; We essentially lost all market gold value to every piece of money we hold. During the Depression the only money that people would take |_ was the coin because it was the only thing worth its weight. All notes were seen as worthless. We have Zero owed money if the Market collapses again.

Its interesting that you bring up GW Bush. As Sad a day as it was I do believe he was one of the king pins behind the 9/11 tragedy that took the lives of 3 of my friends and the lives of so many brave firefighters and people who didn't deserve that fate. That day everybody forgot the x Billions saved by Clinton in surplus that was immediately spent by bush an co. and furthers his effort to end us in a war with out end. Also his popularity over stealing the 2000 election was over seen and he in one instant became the most popular president in history for both good and evil. Obummer stated on the campaign that he would end the war and stop the bail out of Private banks then 1 month in office he bails out GM and Acorn acquires it through the firing of the CEO by Obummer himself. 2 Months in he furthers the war by sending at the charge of General Portraeus 30,000 more troupes and those who only had a 1~2 year bid in the hell hole are now stuck for up to 15 years with out even being asked.

My brother is one of those poor saps.

Right now we are on the threshold of a new revolution and I can't say I agree with any side.

So I think this country is vary close to a division line that will make the Mississippi look live a creak..

My whole neighborhood is already completely disillusioned of this fantasy and are waiting for the next shot heard around the world.
February 28, 2010 01:16PM
it wont be clear cut like our 1st civil war North vs. South (borders of opposition that is) but more so an age gap more than likely, i had a few friends who served in the iraq war right after 9/11 and they are changed men, we dont even talk anymore, i can only fathom what they went through over there (he was there for 4 years). these wars will be the tipping point (more so than vietnam was back in the 60's and 70's) when enough people have had enough of our americans dying for oil then yes another shot will be heard around the world, it will be old traditional capitalist americans (and foreigners) against the young and mid aged fed up americans (almost the majority of the nation ;-)).

give my generation 10-15 more years and we will be running the country by then, the federal gov't as we know it wont exist. ive even been contemplating moving to canada myself because of all our countries problems, im starting to feel helpless which is what the powers that be want. if it does turn into a civil war you'd best believe id be fighting the corrupt feds, more than likely if the feds want a war when that time comes it will be the majority of the states against the dwindling feds.

if you ask me our federal gov't is TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO big tongue sticking out smiley

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
February 28, 2010 08:38PM
Yeah we'd like our Republic Back! Thanks.
February 28, 2010 10:31PM
it'd be nice if they (U.S. fed gov't) would take a closer look at half the European nations and learn something, they've been around for over 1000 years, and their citizens run the country not corporations, and they are getting stronger and increasing their quality of life. but alas they (our fed gov't) wont, they just want $$$ and too many americans still fear the feds.

i said this once and i'll say it again, "PEOPLE SHOULDN'T FEAR THEIR GOVERNMENTS, GOVERNMENTS SHOULD FEAR ITS PEOPLE".

as far as what type of gov't we are id prefer us to be a "TRUE" democracy and not one in name only. granted a true democracy is alotta work just like "true" communism is (there has never been a true communist country yet (or a true democracy either), if there was it wouldnt have crumbled if you remember what a true communism actually is), but after all the hard work you could expect 1000's of years if not more of peace and prosperity.

enough preaching, making me mad and depressed but i'll say one thing more, "DON'T TRUST CAPITOLISM", you will be taken advantage of and knocked down and spit out so the fat rich people get your money and your kids fight their wars and the whole process can repeat itself. tongue sticking out smiley (actually this pattern has been going on since the dawn of civilizations, people are just getting smarter now and unfortunately some of those people getting smarter are those fat rich noble's)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2010 10:38PM by brandonjm8.
Anonymous User
March 01, 2010 04:13AM
Hello people ... back to the Big Brothers :

Firefox users may be interested to know about the TrackMeNot add-on ,
it "improves" your profile caught by the main search engines ,
it is an install-and-forget extension (attached are some usual Options for it) .
Attachments:
open | download - TrackMeNot - usual Options.jpg (35.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login