Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not blocking HTTP

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Not blocking HTTP
March 11, 2011 09:20PM
PeerBlock isn't blocking HTTP on my other two computers. I have my main computer with Windows 7 that acts as a server for two other computers through Synergy to link them with one keyboard and one mouse. The other two that are linked to the Win 7 comp server aren't blocking HTTP transmission. Any ideas?
Re: Not blocking HTTP
March 12, 2011 02:13AM
Make sure PeerBlock is set to block HTTP, with the Default P2P list enabled.
Now try to access www.cnn.com . If you can't access, then PeerBlock is working.
March 12, 2011 08:02AM
You need PeerBlock on the computer that you want to block IPs on so in your case, it would need to be installed 3 times: 1 on the server, 1 for each of the computers connecting to the server.
Anonymous User
March 12, 2011 08:21PM
Okay I made sure HTTP block was on, and it is, but I'm still able to surf to www.cnn.com. And, I have it installed on all my computers.
Anonymous User
March 12, 2011 08:22PM
It's weird because it blocks websites on the server computer but not on the client computers...
Anonymous User
March 21, 2011 08:17AM
I am not sure if this is the same problem. On starting up my laptop, peerblock starts up normally, I visit the bbc.sports page which peerblock normally blocks on my other laptop and the website is not blocked. I reinstall peerblock keeping all existing or previous settings and bingo bbc.sports is blocked again.
Any ideas anyone?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login