Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

List not updating

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
List not updating
March 28, 2011 11:08AM
My list have not updated for over a week. Does anyone have this problem, and I though the update issue was fixed not too long ago. Does anyone know whats going on.
Re: List not updating
March 28, 2011 11:50AM
The I-BlockList servers seem to be doing just fine here. Send your .log and .conf files, maybe the error can be found there.
Anonymous User
March 28, 2011 01:08PM
Okay I seem to be having the same issue since I have not updated since 3/20. Have attached the config and what I think is the log file.
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.conf (5.2 KB)
open | download - peerblock.log (62.5 KB)
fxm
March 28, 2011 03:27PM
FWIW: I use 7 lists. 2 were updated yesterday, 5 have not been updated since 21 March [PB - correctly AFAICT - reported "no update needed"]
AFAIK the i-blocklist servers have been up throughout.
Anonymous User
March 28, 2011 03:38PM
See my post:
March 26, 2011 09:06AM

Bluetack server down for maintenance over weekend.

Back up now but lists still not updating.

See attached files.

P.S. I just forced an update.

P.P.S. I just looked at the Bluetack site and I think it's still down (could this be the problem as it is where the default lists come from and a lot of others?).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 04:18PM by masterBeta.
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.conf (10.5 KB)
open | download - peerblock.log (410.5 KB)
Anonymous User
March 28, 2011 03:45PM
I am having the same issues anybody have an idea?
March 28, 2011 07:34PM
From what I see on the forum posting their upgrading to a 64bit operating system with support for IPV6.
[www.bluetack.co.uk]

This business is binary. You're either a one or a zero.
Anonymous User
March 29, 2011 12:23PM
I was having the same problems and decided to delete all lists to force a download.
Without closing down 'Peerblock' I deleted the lists and clicked on 'check update' .
I then read that I should close 'Peerblock' before forcing an update.

Have I caused a problem by not closing 'Peerblock' first?

I came across this reply from a member and was wondering why the .p2p files should not be deleted ?

Quote:
"In the meantime, if you want to "force" an update you can delete all the *.list files in your C:\Progam Files\PeerBlock\lists directory (but *not* any of the *.p2p files!!), and click the Check Updates button......"
March 29, 2011 01:24PM
You can delete lists while PeerBlock is running. Just do a "Check Updates" after deleting them.

Personally, I recommend closing out of PeerBlock before deleting the lists ( C:\Program Files\PeerBlock\lists ) - files named like "32454572".

The .p2p file(s) are local list(s) that can't be updated, so it's highly recommended to NOT delete those.
Anonymous User
March 29, 2011 02:33PM
Thanks for the reply.
I thought the .p2p file (which should not be deleted) was in the lists folder with all the other lists, but the .p2p is in a seperate file called cache.p2p I think I am right in saying.

Is this correct?
March 29, 2011 03:25PM
The cache file should be "cache.p2b", not .p2p.
Anonymous User
March 30, 2011 07:05AM
ineedalifetoday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The cache file should be "cache.p2b", not .p2p.
Yes, but when a member said you should not delete the .p2p file, did he mean the cache.p2p file?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login