Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

List not updating

Posted by Span926 
List not updating
March 28, 2011 11:08AM
My list have not updated for over a week. Does anyone have this problem, and I though the update issue was fixed not too long ago. Does anyone know whats going on.
Re: List not updating
March 28, 2011 11:50AM
The I-BlockList servers seem to be doing just fine here. Send your .log and .conf files, maybe the error can be found there.
March 28, 2011 01:08PM
Okay I seem to be having the same issue since I have not updated since 3/20. Have attached the config and what I think is the log file.
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.conf (5.2 KB)
open | download - peerblock.log (62.5 KB)
fxm
March 28, 2011 03:27PM
FWIW: I use 7 lists. 2 were updated yesterday, 5 have not been updated since 21 March [PB - correctly AFAICT - reported "no update needed"]
AFAIK the i-blocklist servers have been up throughout.
March 28, 2011 03:38PM
See my post:
March 26, 2011 09:06AM

Bluetack server down for maintenance over weekend.

Back up now but lists still not updating.

See attached files.

P.S. I just forced an update.

P.P.S. I just looked at the Bluetack site and I think it's still down (could this be the problem as it is where the default lists come from and a lot of others?).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 04:18PM by masterBeta.
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.conf (10.5 KB)
open | download - peerblock.log (410.5 KB)
March 28, 2011 03:45PM
I am having the same issues anybody have an idea?
March 28, 2011 07:34PM
From what I see on the forum posting their upgrading to a 64bit operating system with support for IPV6.
[www.bluetack.co.uk]

This business is binary. You're either a one or a zero.
March 29, 2011 12:23PM
I was having the same problems and decided to delete all lists to force a download.
Without closing down 'Peerblock' I deleted the lists and clicked on 'check update' .
I then read that I should close 'Peerblock' before forcing an update.

Have I caused a problem by not closing 'Peerblock' first?

I came across this reply from a member and was wondering why the .p2p files should not be deleted ?

Quote:
"In the meantime, if you want to "force" an update you can delete all the *.list files in your C:\Progam Files\PeerBlock\lists directory (but *not* any of the *.p2p files!!), and click the Check Updates button......"
March 29, 2011 01:24PM
You can delete lists while PeerBlock is running. Just do a "Check Updates" after deleting them.

Personally, I recommend closing out of PeerBlock before deleting the lists ( C:\Program Files\PeerBlock\lists ) - files named like "32454572".

The .p2p file(s) are local list(s) that can't be updated, so it's highly recommended to NOT delete those.
March 29, 2011 02:33PM
Thanks for the reply.
I thought the .p2p file (which should not be deleted) was in the lists folder with all the other lists, but the .p2p is in a seperate file called cache.p2p I think I am right in saying.

Is this correct?
March 29, 2011 03:25PM
The cache file should be "cache.p2b", not .p2p.
March 30, 2011 07:05AM
ineedalifetoday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The cache file should be "cache.p2b", not .p2p.
Yes, but when a member said you should not delete the .p2p file, did he mean the cache.p2p file?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 43
Record Number of Guests: 215 on November 08, 2012