Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firefox 4 does not work with Peerblock

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Firefox 4 does not work with Peerblock
April 01, 2011 12:02AM
Hi

Not sure if this has been discussed but here's my input.

I am using firefox 4 with windows XP and Peerblock v1.1. When I start Firefox 4, it will not connect if Peerblock is enabled.

This was not a problem with Firefox 3.6 hence I am apt to think that the problem is with Firefox 4.

Would appreciate if anyone can suggest a solution other than asking me to go back to Firefox v3.6.

Thank you
Re: Firefox 4 does not work with Peerblock
April 01, 2011 12:56AM
Hey, eaglespot.

I've been using Firefox 4 since the alphas with PeerBlock enabled all the time, so there shouldn't be any critical problems compatibility between the two. To figure out why you're having problems, we're going to need more information from you. Please send your .log and .conf files for starters. Hopefully the problem's visible there.

Welcome to the forum.
Anonymous User
April 01, 2011 02:47PM
Hey, I have the same problem as Eagle spot. I use the Peer Block 1.1 r518, I have 51 lists and I have the Windows XP. Sometimes it does not start up at all or sometimes it crashes at updating. I cannot open Firefox 4 or Internet Explorer 8 unless Peer block is not loaded or disabled.
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.log (130.8 KB)
open | download - peerblock.conf.bak (21.4 KB)
open | download - peerblock.conf (21.4 KB)
April 03, 2011 03:35PM
i have r470 and just upgraded to firefox 4.0 and have no problems as of yet, im running 64bit vista sp2.

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
April 03, 2011 04:41PM
Can you remove/disable your bogon lists and see if Firefox 4 and IE8 startup?
Anonymous User
April 03, 2011 05:31PM
Yeah that works. I lets me use the Firefox 4. But what are bogon lists and why were they stopping Firefox?
Anonymous User
April 03, 2011 06:43PM
A bogon is a bogus IP address, and an informal name for an IP packet on the public Internet that claims to be from an area of the IP address space reserved, but not yet allocated or delegated by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) or a delegated Regional Internet Registry (RIR). The areas of unallocated address space are called the bogon space.

more
Anonymous User
April 04, 2011 05:45AM
Hi, How do I remove/disable your bogon lists and see if Firefox 4 and IE8 startup?

Meanwhile I am attaching the requested for files. Interestingly, I do not have a .log file available. Let me know if you need any other file.

Thank you for your assistance.
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.conf (5 KB)
open | download - peerblock.conf.bak (4.8 KB)
April 04, 2011 08:15AM
eaglespot: According to the .conf file you sent, you don't have bogon enabled. Can't disable what's not enabled in the first place.
April 04, 2011 03:11PM
and just so you know,

to disable a list temporarily: goto PB screen, goto lists tab, uncheck what list you dont want enabled, done.

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
Anonymous User
April 05, 2011 12:10AM
Keefa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> eaglespot: According to the .conf file you sent,
> you don't have bogon enabled. Can't disable what's
> not enabled in the first place.

Ah Thanks Keefa. Any idea why I can't get Firefox 4 to work with peerblock. Thanks
April 05, 2011 03:29AM
just outta curiosity, have you tried uninstalling then re-installing either or both?

deleting your PB lists and redownloading them?

are you sure it isnt your firewall blocking firefox?

are you sure firefox updated correctly? i only ask cuz you said it worked fine with the older version. i updated to 4.0 and have had zero problems.

if none of those solve the problem and firefox only opens when PB is closed or disabled then the next thing to do is to trial and error figure out if its any one of the lists you have that is making this happen, tedious work but i have a feeling maybe one of those lists could be the culprit, but i could be wrong.

best of luck to ya tho.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2011 03:32AM by brandonjm8.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login