Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

move permallow list

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
move permallow list
May 31, 2011 05:38PM
I keep moving the permallow.p2b list as I am trying to sync it with multiple computers using dropbox as the number of sites blocked is a bit ridiculous (BBC?!) and I hate having to unblock them constantly. However, when I move this file (List Manager -> Edit -> location . . .) and then I unblock another site, the permallow list seems to duplicate itself and go back to the original position; which is obviously totally ridiculous. How can I stop this happening?
Re: move permallow list
May 31, 2011 07:30PM
I think you are possibly doing something wrong, lets try this

List Manager
Select the "permallow.p2p"
If its in the "lists/permallow.p2p"
Edit
Browser
Right click the "permallow.p2p", clock copy
Now, navigate to your dropbox folder and paste it where you would like it.
Select the file, Click Open
Click OK
PeerBlock should have the file in your dropbox folder

This itself is going to cause a issue.
PeerBlock currently does not check to see if a list file has been modified, so other PeerBlock copies that share the "permallow.p2p" from inside the dropbox, will have to enable/disable the list, or restart PeerBlock.
June 07, 2011 06:07AM
Sorry for the late reply, looks like I was able to recreate your issue (I guess I made a mistake when initially trying to recreate it).

After looking though the source code and having one of the developers (night_stalker_z) confirm my findings, PeerBlock is currently coded to save the "permallow.p2b" inside the /lists/ folder of wherever PeerBlock is installed. So their is currently no way around this on the PeerBlock side.

You could try and copy your PeerBlock install folder over to your dropbox folder, and run it from there on all the computers, this should work for your situation, (as long as each computer are the exact same version of windows).

I have also created a Issue post here [code.google.com] - so this issue does not get "lost" in the forums
June 07, 2011 03:30PM
After reading this post, I've create a new request which is probably a bit more flexible: [code.google.com]
Anonymous User
June 07, 2011 04:46PM
@ineedalifetoday
Unfortunately they are not on the same version of windows (Win7 Ultimate and Win7 Home Premium).
Also, copying and pasting the whole program folder does not strike me as a very clever thing to do. you would know better and maybe that is fine for this specific application.

@night_stalker_z
thanks. I have starred the issue. Do you think this is likely to happen soon/ever?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2011 04:47PM by sAuhsoj.
June 07, 2011 05:10PM
Not too sure on the timeframe but it probably will happen sometime.

There's other bigger issues at the moment.
June 08, 2011 03:20AM
Sorry, I should of been more specific, as I made that post early in the morning. I will try explain it better.

Basically, what I am suggesting is that you copy your PeerBlock install folder over to dropbox, so that the "permallow.p2b" (and PeerBlock) can be easily synchronize between multiple computers, so that you do not run into the issue in the first post of this thread.

As long as both of the copies of Windows 7 are both 32bit or 64bit, you will be fine, if not, then my dropbox suggestion will not work.

Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Information.
Look for "System Type" as long as they are both say "32-bit Operating System" or "64-bit Operating System" you are good to go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2011 03:28PM by ineedalifetoday.
Anonymous User
June 08, 2011 03:53AM
Even then, one is 64-bit and the other is 32 bit
Anonymous User
June 14, 2011 06:07PM
I wrote a small script to do this job. If anyone is interested (although I sincerely doubt it) you can get it from the attachment
Attachments:
open | download - keep permallow up to date.ahk (1.2 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login