Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dynamic vs Static IP's and illegal Copyright Infringement..

Posted by DarC 
Dynamic vs Static IP's and illegal Copyright Infringement..
September 07, 2011 06:53AM
avatar
I felt this needed to be addressed as part of the sticky above that I wrote some time ago...

Reasons why PeerBlock can be ineffective against companies involved with IP logging on file sharing networks.

DHCP is a technology which assigns IP's to individuals on almost all networks/isp's This protocol also assigns time-stamps and and names. So your IP regardless of change by this technology is traceable.

This was not an accident or an oversight. As most here should be well aware.

To continue: This protocol is what gives you your Dynamic IP inside your Router for the individual devices you have connected to it and what gives you your IP for your internet connection. Most sites operate with static ip's like GE 3.3.3.3 or ipv6 (2002:0:0:0:0:0:303:303)... This allows you to always know the source of specific owned IP's. It is impossible with out the cooperation of ISP's to know who or what is assigned the Dynamic ip's because by the time a who is search completes the ip could have changed. False positives are the result, and this is because it changes. What it once was but now is not the ip the search thought it was.

Downloading illegal content and why its bad for your health:

Do to technology like DHCP in connection with the companies involved in finding and prosecution people who download other then legal content becomes a quite easy game of cat and mouse. They don't need to use any irrational way to hide their IP from list of preconfigured IP tables all they need to do is refresh the connection to their ISP and gain a new IP or it could be as simple as them having their IP re assigned every (X) interval of hour(s) so to keep their I-Spies hidden. So there is no unknown master piece of technology that hides them in the dark. It a technology that is well known about that everybody can use.

The fact that people are still consistent about telling us their copyright issues is a bit over the top. We are programmers and Forum mods. We don't claim any legal expertise, this program was never meant to be used as a tool for copyright infringement and has proved in many cases to be useless against Copyright enforcers.

If you feel that you need protection from such people then an Encrypted Proxy is your best bet like [www.privateinternetaccess.com] or [btguard.com]. They cost money and with that same money that you spend on them you could just get yourself a netflix subscription and watch to your hearts content both blurays, dvds and online videos or you can get a subscription to Hulu and watch all the TV your brain could ever absorb. These are the types of advice we can give you for your issues on copyright.

This whole matter makes me think of this quote "'Liar Liar' Jim Cary ~ Stop Breaking the Law A-- Hole..." This is my personal thoughts on the matter of course and does not reflect the feelings of anyone but myself so far as I know...

Just be safe the Net is becoming a background of terrorism formed by the powers that be.



Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2015 05:08PM by DarC.
Re: Dynamic vs Static IP's
September 07, 2011 09:38AM
avatar
i'd sticky this if i knew how to or could.

we could also add to the title something to let those people who file share know this is relevant information that they should know.

just my thoughts...




Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
Re: Dynamic vs Static IP's
September 07, 2011 11:44AM
avatar
A sticky it is.
Anonymous User
Re: Dynamic vs Static IP's and Copyright Infringement..
January 17, 2012 02:05AM
in response to the moderator

$8 dollars a month may not seem like a lot of money,true, but some of us out there are scraping along so badly we have to decide between food and razor blades. if you haven't looked out a window in 5 years gasoline is $4 dollars a gallon and loaf of bread and a quart of milk combined is almost seven dollars. and many who don't have broadband such as i,grab a neighbors unsecured WiFi signal to surf the net.

so what are we to do when the overpriced cable tv has a load of crap and re runs on tv? turn it off and stare at the wall until bedtime? if you say go out? or take in a movie. then would you kindly tell me how to get a wheelchair down two flights of stairs to the street and then up three flights of stairs to the train and then wait for the bus to take you to the theater?

many of us because of the situation life has handed us just don't have much of choice
Re: Dynamic vs Static IP's and Copyright Infringement..
April 23, 2012 06:49AM
avatar
I disagree . Blocking bad ips ranges is worth . VPN aren't worth at all . We can discuss about this .
Re: Dynamic vs Static IP's and Copyright Infringement..
April 30, 2012 02:39AM
avatar
To conclude with remarks that are fair and just concerning the latest battle the Web has waged against the powers that be.

You all heard about the web black out that happened on Jan 18 2012 [en.wikipedia.org] This is the best effort we have to preventing the terrorists from controlling the web much like the gun toting money thieving terrorists that run our highways and city streets.

We the spiders in the interwebs are under attack. Its supposed to be realm of freedom but is a host of money power politics and greed. The almighty dollar owns you and the whole sheeple society that thinks and believes a vote will change the world. You are all puppets and worst you all participate. There is no help for the foreseeable future so long as that you vote, go to work, shop at walmart or anything else that puts money back into this corrupt system. To break the machine, to truly stick it to the man, to be the freedom fighters you think you are! You need to stop. What ever the f**k you are doing you need to just stop.

My two cents

(P.S. I don't give two traces of a turd about the fact that may arise from people who's daddy's husbands or best friends relatives who used to be is or otherwise affiliated with the illegal faction of the state that make up the police force/states of today) Go cry to daddy about your whinny b***h problem. I truly don't give a crap.
Re: Dynamic vs Static IP's and Copyright Infringement..
October 17, 2012 07:47PM
What about TOR or Cocoon ? Every Month there is something new out there to Download for Privacy.The Cat chasing The Rat is nothing but The Tom and Jerry Show.
Re: Dynamic vs Static IP's and Copyright Infringement..
November 10, 2012 01:24AM
avatar
Not much good for speed but you can use tor to hide what you do. :-)
Anonymous User
Re: Dynamic vs Static IP's and Copyright Infringement..
November 24, 2012 01:55PM
Then you need to get a better job, stat.

In my country fuel is more expensive than the luxuriously cheap price you Americans have.

If juggling food or shaving accessories is too much for you, sell your computer and live off that. It's more important that you eat and look presentable (it will help in you getting a better job). DO NOT download illegal content in your situation. You have no money. You won't be able to pay a fine. You will go straight to gaol.

Instead of illegally downloading content try and learn a new skill or something that will get you a promotion at work. Don't be a lazy fat @#$%& slacker all your life. Be an impressive person who makes money.

I make a lot of money. My monthly income is what most people make in a year in my country. I got that by working hard and thinking ahead. You can too it's not difficult.
Re: Dynamic vs Static IP's and Copyright Infringement..
May 25, 2013 05:27PM
avatar
manion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Then you need to get a better job, stat.

we are losing jobs in this country because of the FED (for those not familar with this term, THE FEDERAL RESERVE, which has no affliation with U.S. gov't, none. if you look it up you'll see its quite actually above the law.) corporations most of which are american based are outsourcing jobs to make more money, their (corporations) influence is felt nearly everywhere in the world probably in your country as well. our corrupt banks possibly own or in some degree influence some form or another the resources witihin your country (i say that not knowing where you are from which is why i left it pretty vague). "a better job" may have serious side effects which i wont get into, i will end this para by saying this, we here in the usa are probably the most overworked society on planet earth today as far as labor hours go and how few hours per week we are left with to relax and enjoy the fruits of our labor, $$$ isnt everything its actually in todays world quite worthless lol.

> In my country fuel is more expensive than the
> luxuriously cheap price you Americans have.

you are probably metric, we are imperial here. with that said you are probably right, in other countries probably like yours you buy it by the liter, meaning 3.78 liters = 1 gallon. and you do pay more per gallon they we do, thats our buying power as far as our corrupt powers that be want it set too who also probably own the drilling rights to where ever its coming from (not alot of places in the world today that dont have american coporations pulling strings). you must also remember here in america alottttttttttttttttttt of things are not cheap and they add up.
>
> If juggling food or shaving accessories is too
> much for you, sell your computer and live off
> that. It's more important that you eat and look
> presentable.

i think you misunderstood him...
>
> Instead of illegally downloading content try and
> learn a new skill or something that will get you a
> promotion at work. Don't be a lazy fat @#$%& slacker
> all your life. Be an impressive person who makes
> money.

you are apparently brainwashed, your basically telling people to sell themselves for fake money! lol

do what you got to do to survive this chaotic world today, hopefully tomorrow the sun will rise and will be better for you.

>
> I make a lot of money. My monthly income is what
> most people make in a year in my country. I got
> that by working hard and thinking ahead. You can
> too it's not difficult.

that statement makes you sound extremely greedy and ive lost all respect for you...




Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
Re: Dynamic vs Static IP's and illegal Copyright Infringement..
May 26, 2013 04:28AM
avatar
LOL fights are fun lol... :-)



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2013 04:28AM by DarC.
Re: Dynamic vs Static IP's and illegal Copyright Infringement..
May 26, 2013 06:05AM
avatar
DarC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL fights are fun lol... :-)


i dont like snobs...lol

some people and the things they say to one another....




Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
Re: Dynamic vs Static IP's and illegal Copyright Infringement..
May 26, 2013 06:42PM
avatar
:-) its funny to me because I believe the end of the world war will be initiated on an internet chat forum. I think its funny that a thought in typed word forum can enrage better then a word spoken.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2013 04:02PM by DarC.
Re: Dynamic vs Static IP's and illegal Copyright Infringement..
May 27, 2013 01:16AM
avatar
DarC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> :-) its funny to me because I believe the end of
> the world war will be initiated on an internet chat
> forum. I think its funny that a thought in typed
> word forum can enrage better then a word spoken.


enrage would be a strong word lol...

misinformation is everywhere, peoples' views are sometimes shaped by this "misinformaiton", i wont go any deeper than that...lol

i just felt like saying what needed to be said, in a way. the internet is the new central park and will continue to be as long as we are "digital" meaning we communicate more via technology then the traditional face to face...and so on and so on...




Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2013 05:50PM by brandonjm8.
Dynamic ip's because by the time a who is search completes the ip could have changed. False positives are the result,
Re: Dynamic vs Static IP's and illegal Copyright Infringement..
December 24, 2015 03:25AM
avatar
Damn I have a static ip.
Re: Dynamic vs Static IP's and illegal Copyright Infringement..
May 23, 2016 01:59AM
Well in my own personal experience. I've never known anyone to get a legal letter of a file they downloaded from even a torrent, even with the so called ip in the swarm issue, if they are using peerblock. Have you? While almost every single person I know who doesn't, has. They've gotten letters or their internet cut off because of downloading torrents. My brother in law, two neighbors, a couple friends and my cousin. Nowadays i simply ask if people download torrents and everyone gives me similar answers as to why they don't anymore.

But that being said there is many reasons to use peerblock. Simply for an extra layer of security while browsing the internet in your webbrowser or running on your pc at all times to block unknown processes making connections. Just blocking bogons is great to stop your pc from broadcasting when it doesn't let you. Blocking half or 1/3 of all the ipv4 address space on the internet is definitely helpful imo and I never bought the argument it wasn't no matter how many times bad domains change their ps. And the ability to allow things temproraily on the fly, while maybe too sadistic and cumbersome for some, is always something I've loved and feel naked without. Whether its peerblock on windows or peerguardian on linux. Whats great is they both work with the core systems firewall protocols and can go the same logs.
Re: Dynamic vs Static IP's and illegal Copyright Infringement..
May 23, 2016 02:34AM
[torrentfreak.com] While they say iblocklist lists probably only block 1 in 3 anti priacy ips. (which is better then nothing and still effective enough imo) They also say at the end of the article that direct connections are what is mainly used to accuse someone by antipiracy groups. because you supposed "ip in the swarm" has been "heavily criticized" because of too many false positives and is not considered real evidence.

Blocking direct connections is still what its all about not only for basic security purposes, but also for anti piracy groups. And lets face it even direct connections can be false positives too even if you are not doing anything illegal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login