Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Required Services Not Running

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Required Services Not Running
November 07, 2011 10:01PM
I got an error message when trying to run peer guardian that some required services are not running. I have run peer guardian for a while and I have never had this issue. It lists the following as not running: Base Filter Engine, IPsec Policy Agent, and IKE & AuthIPsec Keyring Modules. I don't recall disabling anything and this just started after I rebooted my computer. It wasn't doing it before.

Thanks.

Edited to Add:

Not sure how to take a picture of the error message to show a screen cap. Described it the best I could. Also, if I did need to restart whatever these services are how do I do that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2011 11:37PM by sunflower100.
Anonymous User
Re: Required Services Not Running
November 07, 2011 11:30PM
I wanted to add to this topic. I came across this posted while I was trying to find a solution to my problem. The problem that I am having is the same problem that I am having and i have tried different versions of peerblock and I have uninstalled/reinstalled peerblock and the problem doesn't go away.

[code.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2011 11:30PM by sunflower100.
November 08, 2011 06:17AM
Hi, welcome to the forums,

Might want to try this
Start -> CMD -> type "services.msc" and press ENTER.
Go in, and make sure those services are running.
Anonymous User
November 08, 2011 06:31PM
Thanks I checked all of those and it said they were all running. Peerblock is now running fine for me. Not sure how those stopped running in the first place.
Anonymous User
December 24, 2011 07:53PM
I have verified and the Base Filer Engine does not show up. All other Window Services are running. PB still will not run.
Anonymous User
December 29, 2011 05:59AM
All but "Base Filtering Engine" are set to automatic. "Base Filtering Engine" does not show up in list.
Attachments:
open | download - error message.JPG (38.9 KB)
fxm
December 29, 2011 01:23PM
Please read the other active thread about this problem.
You will save time if you start with the last posts in that thread (where the major parts of the solution are summarized).
Anonymous User
September 24, 2012 07:08AM
YES, of course your instructions worked ! ... brilliantly! (Start -> CMD -> type "services.msc" , go in and switch the 3 missing serv. back on) Can't believe how simple, harkens my memory back to sometime in the nineties when I first heard my little niece say ...DUH !
So thanks, and if there's not too much info on sourcing this virus (?) I know for a fact my occurrence resulted immediately after one of those forced restarts windows (7) does. - I was watching "Dexter" (from hard-drive) trying to catch up before the new season, it was late 2 or 3 am, I had peerblk on, I kept trying to stave off the 'required updates' by hitting the 'postpone' button, fell asleep; windows updated. Upon awaking, first examination of anything I did was to check if peerblk was still on; received msg. box stating..... three services missing...blah...blah.. Slightly panicked; found your thread; followed instructs; now it's back to working like a charm! So thanks 4.5 million
Anonymous User
January 20, 2013 05:43PM
when i got the error i had to go in to services (start, RUN and type services.msc and click ok ) and make sure all three files were there. base filter i had to download/ take from another computer. once i had all three in there they were set to automatic and would not start and gave me a error. so i had to do this.
Now,open RUN and type

regedit and click ok

go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BFE

Right click on it-permissions

{Click on ADD and {{{{ TYPE }}}}

Everyone and click ok

Now Click on Everyone

Below you have permission for users

Select full control and click ok

Now,open RUN and type services.msc and click ok

start base filtering engine service and then windows firewall service

[blogs.technet.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login