Anonymous User
Win7 PB 1.1 Windows Services Not Running (PB will not start)
December 07, 2011 06:33AM
I has got a virus on my pc so I ran maywarebytes as well as my zone alarm pro latest and CC cleaner. The virus has been removed but now I can not get om PB to run. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling ver 1.1 and I'm getting a error message saying that to check that the windows services are running?

It also says:
Base Filtering Engine
IPsec Policy Agents
IKE and AuthIpsec Keyring Module

I went into the windows services and saw that the Ipsec and Ike services were running and set on auto. I could not find the Base Filtering Engine though.

I'm running Win 7 64 bit.

Thanks
Anonymous User
Re: Win7 PB 1.1 Windows Services Not Running (PB will not start)
December 07, 2011 07:42PM
I'm having the exact same problem... Does anybody have any ideas about how to fix this? Thanks!
Anonymous User
December 07, 2011 08:55PM
I had the same problem ...and i also installed maywarebytes on my comp..... I did fix the problem . All i did was uninstall maywarebytes and started up PB ... and it is running fine and working as it should .
Anonymous User
December 08, 2011 11:36AM
I just tried uninstalling malwarebytes and starting PB... no luck.
December 08, 2011 03:14PM
Hi, welcome to the forums.

Try this - [forums.peerblock.com]
Anonymous User
December 08, 2011 03:41PM
I tried starting IPsec Policy Agent and IKE & AuthIPsec Keyring Modules but I get error 1075: the dependency does not exist or has been marked for deletion. Also, the Base Filter Engine is not shown on the services prompt.
Anonymous User
December 10, 2011 03:53PM
I have precisely the same problem. I'm trying to enable the services but it says that there is the 1075 error. The Base Filter Engine is also missing too.

Any help? It would be much appreciated.
Anonymous User
December 11, 2011 02:03AM
Have the same problem here, after I deleted a bad virus that kept popping up, all because I was looking for information for my research paper about the universe this stupid antivirus thing popped up and kept telling me to download it. Wierd thing is Avast did not detect it nor did it even remove it....I had to use another anti-virus software to remove the trojan. Anyway I hope I get this fixed, lI ike to run peerblock again since Avast isn't doing anything good for me anyways.
Anonymous User
December 11, 2011 07:36PM
After getting rid of the win 7 2012 virus I have the same issue.

One or more of the following Windows Services are not running:

Base Filtering Engine
IPsec Policy Agents
IKE and AuthIpsec Keyring Module

When I try go to Computer Management > services > IPsec Policy Agents & IKE and AuthIpsec Keyring Module, I get an error 1075. I cannot locate the Base Filtering Engine under services. PLEASE HELP smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2011 07:37PM by gunderss.
Anonymous User
December 11, 2011 09:21PM
Ive got the same problem after getting the same virus
Anonymous User
December 12, 2011 06:49AM
Ive got the same problem, please help!
Anonymous User
December 12, 2011 10:19AM
Same problem.

I removed the win 7 internet security malware using the procedures I found here:
[www.bleepingcomputer.com]
This included running FixNCR.reg

Tried system restore etc etc, no joy.

Also seems to have clobbered Defender and, I suspect, other stuff too.

It is sorta like Alien, removing it kills the host.

How does one restore

Base filtering engine
ipsec policy agent
ike and authip ipsec keyring modules

?

I note a lot of posts on this and similar topics since the first week of December. Seems our pals at win 9 have a new product. Can one sue?
Anonymous User
December 13, 2011 04:46AM
I'm having the EXACT same problem, and it also started happening after I got rid of the Win7 Antivirus malware using bleepingcomputers' instructions. Obviously one of the steps totally gets rid of the Base Filtering Engine and screws up those last two services.

My computer has acted funny in other ways too not related to peerblock. My internet connection is inconsistent, Firefox windows randomly open, and I can't seem to turn on Website Blocking on MBAM. The "fix" seems to have damaged my computer more than the virus!
Anonymous User
December 13, 2011 07:23AM
Make sure you are backed up. My system wouldn't load windows. Ran system restore (error... couldn't restore some critical files), ran MS Security, Malwarebytes and super antispyware in safe mode.

I really thought that it was nuke and pave for me but on the 6th (!) try I got Windows to load. I think that the registry thing that bleeping computer has did the damage but who knows.

eta still not sure how stable my system is, still missing those files.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2011 07:25AM by Clarence Birdseye.
Anonymous User
December 13, 2011 03:02PM
I got the same problem. After removing windows 7 2012 virus with ad-aware in safemode. When I go to services and manually try to start ipsec policy agent i get the error 1075. When I go into the registry the folder for it seems to be gone. Can this service be reinstalled with out having to reinstall windows? Please help.
Anonymous User
December 13, 2011 04:20PM
Had to nuke and pave. sad smiley
Anonymous User
December 14, 2011 12:49AM
wow I got bit too by the virus win7 internet security and my PB wont start hope someone will post how to fix it

Base filtering engine
ipsec policy agent
ike and authip ipsec keyring modules

on my services BFE isn't even listed but the others are showing automatic I hit start or open set manual and get error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion

maybe we should go Linux Ubuntu that has no viruses....Windows has enough money why do they make viruses for more money scams
Anonymous User
December 14, 2011 04:59AM
Anonymous User
December 14, 2011 05:50AM
Thanks for the reply! However, I regret to say that I'm a noob when it comes to that sort of computer stuff. I have no idea what it means when it says to use Syntax1 to run sc.exe. If somebody can post a layman's guide to using sc.exe (what commands to type and where), it would be really appreciated.
Anonymous User
December 14, 2011 01:47PM
Thats funny. As a matter of fact I was looking into Linux last night after all this happend.
Anonymous User
December 14, 2011 06:34PM
I followed the instructions for taking the dll and exported reg file from a working windows 7 computer. I had to take ownership of the dll and change permissions to copy and replace the dll. After doing this for BFE, IPsec, and IKE... I know get error 5: access denied when I attempt to start BFE and error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start for the other two. BFE is now in the registry and services list at least.... I guess. Don't know if this is progress or another nail in the coffin.
Anonymous User
December 14, 2011 07:02PM
Anonymous User
December 14, 2011 08:15PM
Happy, happy, joy, joy, problem solved. Came across a forum talking about the BFE not working and someone mention tweaking.com and their windows repair all in one. Simply put, this program is tits, @#$%& brilliant. It re-wrote the registry keys for me, along with a long list of other things it does. Once installed, and on the last step, you will want to do the custom repair, because thats the only way you have the option to tick register system files. This way it will reset the BFE. I would untick the unhide non system files, don't believe its needed. Plus, out of the 13 minutes the repair took 10 were spent on this. After the repair, restart, and joy... PB is working.
Anonymous User
December 14, 2011 09:18PM
Tried tweaking.com windows repair and STILL have the issue....
Anonymous User
December 15, 2011 02:10AM
Well I did bring over the BFE reg export file and dll from a working Win 7 PC before I ran Windows Repair. Maybe putting BFE back into the registry before running Windows Repair had something to do with it.
Anonymous User
December 15, 2011 04:14AM
Although it maybe already understood, it hasn't been mentioned in this thread and I have come to learn this. IPsec and IKE are dependent on BFE. If BFE isn't there the other two won't run. It appears that the virus only removed this service from the registry. The dll file was still on my computer, just no registry file. I probably didn't have to copy over the dll from the working PC, and mess with the permissions. I believe installing the exported BFE reg file was enough to put it back into the services list. I haven't noticed any other services missing. If anyone can note a diffent service missing after removing this virus... please post it.
Anonymous User
December 15, 2011 07:54AM
Thank you, opeacemakero, for telling us about that program. I got Peerblock working now. The steps I took:

1. I saved the BFE code that ChrisToop posted here, [answers.microsoft.com], as a .reg, then ran it and restarted to get back BFE.

2. Then I used tweaking.com's Windows Repair.

Now both Malwarebyte's Website Blocking and Peerblock work. However, the Windows Firewall still won't turn on. Not too concerned about that since I use MBAM, but yeah, just fyi, it didn't fix the Firewall for me.
Anonymous User
December 15, 2011 12:43PM
E. g. BFE reg code for Win7Pro64
Attachments:
open | download - W7Pro64.txt (235.7 KB)
Anonymous User
December 15, 2011 07:00PM
Yup I'm missing windows firewall from my services list as well as windows defender. The hunt for the cure goes on.
Anonymous User
December 15, 2011 08:09PM
Ended up with a nuke and pave. Fortunately I had everything backed up so the process was not as bad as it could have been.

I think the registry thing is what screwed me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login