Anonymous User
WHat is OVH SAS?
December 18, 2011 04:12PM
After dwnloading files thru utorrent, I am getting flood of "OVH SAS' on my peerblock log.
As a sample, i copy this to clipboard: 91.121.70.117
What does this mean?
fxm
Re: WHat is OVH SAS?
December 18, 2011 05:24PM
untypical09 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> What does this mean?

Google is your friend [www.google.com]
Anonymous User
December 19, 2011 08:22PM
already tried that. just wondered if anyone has negative experience with this ip, as it recurrs in the list rapidly without stopping. have not experience same thing with any other blocked ip on peerblock
Anonymous User
January 03, 2012 11:39PM
I'm getting this now also - it recurs rapidly because something on your PC is trying to send outbound TCP packets to that IP address (in France?) by iterating through all the ports on your computer. Seems like a virus.

Have you tracked down what's causing this to happen, or resolved it?
Anonymous User
March 18, 2012 12:12PM
This problem is caused by a form of spyware, that comes with some programs (ex. free license of Daemon Tools) and by the looks of it, it is sponsored by anti-infringement, sending data about your torrent activity (and probably much more). I assume that's the deal DT team made to protect their business.

Due to above and the fact it works only as part of the program itself, it is not filtered by AV software, but it seems to be gone after program uninstallation.
April 23, 2012 12:40AM
That's a common ISP , or better a big isp that host also Sourceforge.net files etc.
It shouldn't be blocked , except a particular ip keeps flooding or attacking .
Anonymous User
Re: What is OVH SAS?
May 15, 2012 04:57PM
this is the new pest ?
OVH Split 91.121.88.149 TCP Blocked
May 16, 2012 02:55AM
No , it's a normal ip from OVH . Except it is making bad attempts to connection with your machines
I don't see reason why it should be blocked .
Anonymous User
May 19, 2012 11:56AM
Tanks for the respons, but...I d´nt get it...sorry.
PeerBlock is blocking it for us, normal not a problem.
This one keeping attacking myn BitTorrent even thru myn "anonimus" .
And now I should allow it..?
May 20, 2012 01:55AM
Peerblock does block what the list that it loaded "says" to it to block .
If you change the list with one where that ip range isn't blocked your problem will end .
I think that Peerblock shouldn't come with any blocklist but only tell where to get them .
Many users get a confusion because of this in my opinion .
Anonymous User
December 30, 2012 02:28PM
OVH is a privately owned web hosting service company in France. Heres where to find some more info on it, [www.ipaddresse.com]. I had the same thing happen to me where it started to flood peerblock and cripple my connection. I found a way to stop this by using the program proxy switcher. After finding an active proxy open up preferences, then connection, within utorrent. Under proxy server type, select socks4 or 5. Enter in the proxy address and finally the port #. It doesnt hurt to hit the random port button a few times. Everytime I've done this, ovh sas completely went away. I hope this helps.
February 27, 2015 02:09AM
OVH SAS is the hosting company for the leechers-paradise tracker.
Peerblock was blocking certain IP addresses from OVH SAS which led to the tracker continually timing out until I added the block entries to the Permallow list.
OVH SAS is not a malicious host. It also hosts other trackers and Wikileaks, despite a failed attempt by the French government to stop it doing that.

That's not to say that some OVH SAS list entries could not be bad. It's a huge enterprise.

Just allow the ones you need so that things you want to work are not blocked.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login