Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blocking a lot of EDUs

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Blocking a lot of EDUs
January 17, 2012 11:00AM
OK so here's the story. I'm at community college and I get blocked from the network. I ask WTF and the unkempt face fo the IT department tells me its because I have utorrent installed. This equally pisses me off and creeps me out because I didn't USE utorrent while on the network so I'm like how dah hell do they know I have it. So for fun I turn on peerblock and add the EDU list while I'm at the coffee shop down the block (and on their wifi) and boom, for like 45 minutes this morning I watch this thing block IPs 2-3 times a minute from what must be 20 different universities. but utorrent isn't on. nothing is on. so Then I switch wifi's (I wanted a sandwich) and it's still happening. I scanned my computer with spybot and a virus scanner and they found nothing. Whats going on? I don't usually get activity like this from peerblock unless I'm torrenting. I'm creeped out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 04:57PM by ket009.
Anonymous User
Re: Blocking a lot of EDUs
January 17, 2012 04:56PM
Update: Ok so I did some screwing around and it turns otu that this all stops as soon as I turn skype off, and starts up again immediatly as a turn skype on again. any idea how I coudl be getting this all from skype?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login