Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

If we use a VPN do we still need peerblock ?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
If we use a VPN do we still need peerblock ?
February 09, 2012 10:25AM
ive used peerguardian/peerlock for years, now i use a vpn also, on a less than 2ghz single core pc peerblock often uses 50-60 % of my cpu making my pc very sluggish so im wondering can i switch off peerblock when im using a VPN( virtual private network) ? i would still use peerblock but only when in not using the vpn, please help, ps i use 14 lists and block 2billion 184million ip addresses at moment
Anonymous User
Re: If we use a VPN do we still need peerblock ?
February 11, 2012 01:12AM
There is really no point using a VPN unless you’re sure that they don’t keep a record of your usage. If they don’t, then it should be safe for you to not use PeerBlock. In my case I use a VPN service that records my usage so I just don’t bother using it when I’m at home during p2p sessions. I just rely on PeerBlock only when I am at home because both my service provider and VPN service keep track of me. If you are not sure how private your VPN service is and you live in a strict country, you might be better of using both. Are sure your not over doing it with all of those lists?
February 27, 2012 03:56AM
TorrentFreak asked VPN providers if they log, here are the results:
[torrentfreak.com]

Other than that... if you load everything you have on your motorcycle, you better expect a slug-gish drive, eh?

Those who do not remember the pasta are doomed to reheat it.
fxm
February 28, 2012 06:21PM
A VPN [assuming absolutely secure encryption] prevents anyone other than your ISP and the VPN operator from learning your IP address. If a VPN operator is compromised or is the target of a corporate takeover, or keeps logs and is subject to process or force majeure,,anonymity will be gone in an instant.
PB allows anyone to learn your IP address, but does prevent certain connections [so it may be trivially more difficult for some third parties to learn your IP address and/or for some servers to shove ads down your throat]..

The two functions are very different.
Anonymous User
July 23, 2012 12:48PM
I want to use the internet anonymously and prevent websites from tracking me. Can someone tell me if a best vpn service is a solution and what company offers the best service? I heard from my friend about VPN service and if possible the company should be reliable with fast connectivity.
Anonymous User
July 23, 2012 12:48PM
I want to use the internet anonymously and prevent websites from tracking me. Can someone tell me if a best vpn service is a solution and what company offers the best service? I heard from my friend about vpn services and if possible the company should be reliable with fast connectivity.
Anonymous User
February 12, 2014 05:51AM
Of course you cannot trust every tom, dick and harry VPN service provider these days. Maybe it is because they are burdened down by law enforcement authorities, and partially because it is difficult to resist the urge of making free money off selling data. Select your VPN service provider with care and caution.
Take out the time and read some reviews for some of the top encrypted VPNs out there. [www.vpnranks.com]
Don't take VPN protection lightly! So you need to understand how VPNs work and what degree of respect they give you before you sign up.
February 17, 2014 11:21PM
Our personal view of VPN service :

[p2pblocklist.net]

Thanks for reading .
Anonymous User
July 06, 2014 06:22AM
VPN service [www.bestvpnfor.net] protects your privacy and security by encrypting traffic between your computer and European servers, changing your local IP addresses, doesn't host any data about its user's activities.
July 10, 2014 04:07AM
That VPN server is apparently located in United States soil :

I element BV
101 Possumtown Road
Piscataway
NJ
United States

Plus , it's owned by globogirls company , a website for dating on the net :

irene vorrinkstraat 269
eindhoven
Not Applicable
6535na
Netherlands
Phone: +31.624691147
globotraffic@gmail.com

NS1.GLOBOGIRLS.COM
NS2.GLOBOGIRLS.COM

Very high serious service , LoL .
Anonymous User
August 18, 2014 02:43AM
Not all of the providers keep yoiu secure and allow you to get unlimited access to your desired destination. I have been working in the it security firm and i advice you to choose only recommended VPNs to ensure your online anonymity and they also don't keep your logs but these services are few andthen you can use peerblock

I would recommend to view some VPN reviews if you can and select the best VPN according to your need.
Source: www.vpnanalysis.com/best-vpns-list/
Anonymous User
January 27, 2015 03:09AM
There are hundreds of VPN service provider out there to claim to be best, but few of them actually providing that kinda service. i would highly recommend top 5 best VPN here [www.mostsecurevpn.com]
Anonymous User
January 27, 2015 04:06PM
You need to read through the privacy policy of each server to make sure they do not log IPs or personal information. I know cyberghost VPN does not log IPs or any personal information. Private Internet Access alsdo does not log any IPs either, but I think they log some personal information about account details and all. If a VPN is logging IPs, then it is pointless to use it, especially if you are planning to use it against goverment/anti-P2P companies.
January 30, 2015 11:39AM
At the very end the answer to the topic thread is :

YES YOU STILL NEED PEERBLOCK and an updated ipfilter .

[torrentfreak.com]

As many times I and ipfilterX told and written down .

winking smiley
April 07, 2015 07:35AM
If you are using vpn tool so you don't need anything else in fact this will be enough for you to access blocked content. Just use reliable tool so you don't need anything else...I am using vpn in china to access blocked sites here..
September 29, 2015 01:25AM
Spartan23 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> At the very end the answer to the topic thread is
> :
>
> YES YOU STILL NEED PEERBLOCK and an updated
> ipfilter .
>
> [torrentfreak.com]
> pn-users-real-ip-addresses-150130/
>
> As many times I and ipfilterX told and written
> down .
>
> winking smiley

I agree with ^ this guy, but if you need a VPN you should try PureVPN. [www.purevpn.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login