Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Block lists not updating

Posted by randyxs 
Block lists not updating
February 12, 2012 09:17PM
My block lists have not updated for 4 days in a row. Is there a problem with peer block?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2012 09:18PM by randyxs.
PeerBlock update?
February 11, 2012 01:05AM
Is PeerBlock going to update or is Iblocklist not going to send anymore to it?
Re: PeerBlock update?
February 11, 2012 02:01PM
yeah, it's been a couple of weeks since an update, is all ok
February 11, 2012 03:00PM
Ditto @1&2, seems like lists arn't updating?

Admin posted this in diffrent thread :

"In the meantime, if you want to "force" an update you can delete all the *.list files in your C:\Progam Files\PeerBlock\lists directory (but *not* any of the *.p2p files!!), and click the Check Updates button. "

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2012 03:16PM by giblet.
February 11, 2012 03:20PM
Done that, list has been same for over 2 weeks.
February 11, 2012 03:27PM
My number for it with p2p, advertising, and spyware is 776,360,913. Just the p2p is 775,197,457. I know iblock has its own thing now and I was wondering if they have stopped sending list out for updates.
February 11, 2012 05:36PM
Iblock list has not updated since 1/29/12 has anyone else noticed....
February 11, 2012 10:38PM
It's been about 3-4 days since my version has updated. Peerblock 1.1, which i've been using for quite some time now. Please help mods! smiling smiley
February 12, 2012 02:57PM
Is there a MOD out there that is going to comment on this or do you not know? Is this the end of PeerBlock or do you just not want to comment. No updates in two weeks and no comment in 2 days. Let us know what is going on please.Been a supporter for over 2 years and every time i seen or wrote a post it was responded to within 24 hours. Please tell me i'm wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2012 03:28PM by smoketat.
February 12, 2012 03:04PM
Mod's whats happening?
Re: Block lists not updating
February 12, 2012 09:54PM
I will look into this and someone will get back to you shortly. We are aware of the problem however.
Re: Block lists not updating
February 12, 2012 11:19PM
It turns out that Bluetack - the folks who author e.g. the "Level1" list that we call the "P2P" list in PeerBlock's List Manager - were having some problems with their server, such that list updates were not correctly being spread to all their mirror servers.  So attempts to download lists from bluetack.co.uk were downloading an older copy of their list files.

This also meant that iblocklist.com - which PeerBlock has recommended as a "preferred list provider" ever since our users started complaining about the speed/stability issues with Bluetack's servers a year or two ago (problems which have reportedly been resolved since then) - was likewise unable to retrieve updated lists from Bluetack. 

In order to prevent PeerBlock from hammering on list servers, prior to downloading a list we check the timestamp on that list.  If the list hasn't been updated since the last time we downloaded it, we won't attempt to download it this time, either.  Since the servers were telling us these lists hadn't been updated since 1/29/2012 (for "Level1"/"P2P" at least), we were displaying a message "No update available".  And even if you deleted your local cached lists to force a new download, the servers were only giving us the last new file they knew of . . . which was, again, this older list file.

Bluetack has now fixed this problem on their servers, and within an hour or so the correct updated lists should now be downloaded by PeerBlock.  Note that PeerBlock won't let you check for updates more often than once every 12 hours, but if you delete your *.list files as giblet mentioned above you can "trick" PeerBlock into allowing this check.  Otherwise your next regularly scheduled list-download should pick up the new lists for you automatically.

Thank you all for bringing this issue to our attention.  We apologize for any frustration this has caused.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 39
Record Number of Guests: 215 on November 08, 2012