Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lists not Updating (update: resolved)

Posted by MarkSide 
Lists not Updating (update: resolved)
May 06, 2012 02:24PM
PeerBlock's default list-update site - iblocklist.com - is currently down.  While it is down, lists hosted at iblocklist.com will not be able to check for updates, giving an error "cannot connect to url".  Note that the lists your machine has already download should still be "mostly" current, so your computer should remain at least relatively well protected.

We are working with iblocklist.com to help them restore service.  We'll update this post as more information is available.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

---  Mark  ---

-----

Update: The iblocklist.com servers should be back online now.

Lead developer of PeerBlock

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2012 07:15PM by MarkSide.
Re: Lists not Updating
May 06, 2012 02:40PM
Thanks for the update MarkSide. Is it possible to have some back-up lists anywhere? I had to re-install for other reasons and the lists are non-existent. Any previous list would do me fine.

Much appreciated,
Madlock
May 06, 2012 03:20PM
Hi,
Thank you for the information.
Great job.

_Riksen
May 06, 2012 07:13PM
The iblocklist.com servers should be back up and running again. Let us know if anyone experiences further problems, and we'll make sure to pass along that info to them.

Sorry again for the inconvenience,

--- Mark ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Re: Lists not Updating (update: resolved)
May 20, 2012 01:02PM
I just installed PeerBlock and went to update the list but iblocklist.com is totally unresponsive.
I tried to load their home page as well with no luck. I tried using a tor browser, assuming my ISP, the evil empire, might be blocking the site but nada using tor browser too. Site seems to be down.
Is there a scheduled maintenance window for this website that I am unable to find out about ?

Date May 20th, 2012
Time 11:00 AM Pacific Time USA
May 26, 2012 10:08AM
mark,

i have not been able to update lists for the last few days as well... help?
August 26, 2012 04:06AM
Just got peerblock1.1, and experienced "error contacting url: 400" when trying to update any lists at all, to include default ones. After reading this post, and subsequent registering to get some assistance, i just so happened to click update button on the window. The P2P Gods must be smiling on me, cause all of a sudden the message went away and starting downloading lists! Praise be to the P2P! So my message is one of joy now, and not frustration. But thanks anyway. Happy downloading!
August 31, 2012 05:30AM
As at 10:30 GMT the unblocking lists have not reached Africa !
September 02, 2012 02:06PM
Hey guys. It would seem that iblocklist is down again today. I tried moving my lists and config file off of my harddrive just to be sure it wasn't a problem with them and i keep getting "error contacting URL: Could not resolve host: list.iblocklist.com; host not found, try again". I've included my config and a screenshot of the error in case that might help solve the problem.

thanks guys
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.conf (6.8 KB)
open | download - peerblock update error.jpg (68.1 KB)
September 02, 2012 02:59PM
Hi-

I am still unable to link to the blocklists. Still getting error unabel to link to URL.

Please assist?
September 02, 2012 03:09PM
Still off as of 4:10pm, est
update to earlier post
September 02, 2012 05:53PM
on a side note i set up peerblock to use a british ip:port proxy and the updates worked. Wondering now if this is a problem with just my isp (verizon) or perhaps all of the US...
September 02, 2012 07:34PM
I seem to be unable to reach or ping www.iblocklist.com, yet all the "is it down" type sites say the site is up just fine. Is anyone else having issues accessing the site or updating? I've flushed my DNS, I've rebooted my modem and router, but still can't seem to access it.
September 02, 2012 10:28PM
somesome11 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I seem to be unable to reach or ping
> www.iblocklist.com, yet all the "is it down" type
> sites say the site is up just fine. Is anyone else
> having issues accessing the site or updating? I've
> flushed my DNS, I've rebooted my modem and router,
> but still can't seem to access it.

For a temporary solution just go to www.hidemyass.com and click on their ip:port proxies tab toward the top of their homepage. Use the advanced search to find an http proxy server in the UK, Canada, Germany, etc. with good connection time and speeds and copy the IP address.

Now go into Peerblock and go to the settings tab at the top. Towards the middle of the window is an option to use a proxy server. Tick that check box and paste the IP and port number in there like this:

"xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:YY"

Where "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" is the IP of the proxy and "YY" is the port number. Now click the little button to the right that says it's an http proxy. Click save and try to update...

Voila! Peerblock should update immediately.

NOTE: If Peerblock does NOT update just try updating again or use a different proxy. I had to click update about three times to get all my lists updated. This is because lots of people use these proxies and thus they can be slow and take a while. Just be patient and it will work.

Hope this helps you all,
Regards
Sons of Ocelot
September 02, 2012 10:31PM
Well all seems to be working now.
PBU
Re: update to earlier post
September 02, 2012 11:08PM
I have Verizon as well. I do not believe this is an iblocklist issue.

All of my computers in our home, and my Wi-Fi only iPad, failed to reach the website but all of our mobile phones can. On a hunch, I switched on wireless thethering on my phone and made sure my iPad was connected to it. As soon as it connected, I was able to access the site. I immediately reconnected my iPad to our home's wireless network and then I refreshed the page....nothing. On the reverse, I access my wireless network on my phone. Once connected, I attempted to access iblocklist...nothing.

Should we start the latest conspiracy theory or is this just a coincidence?
PBU
September 02, 2012 11:13PM
Asof 12:12am EST on September 3, 2012, it appears everything is working again. I was able to update all 13 of my lists. I currently have 1.5 billion IP addresses blocked.
September 03, 2012 10:28PM
PBU Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Asof 12:12am EST on September 3, 2012, it appears
> everything is working again. I was able to update
> all 13 of my lists. I currently have 1.5 billion
> IP addresses blocked.

Yes I'm also now able to connect to IBlocklist via my verizon connection directly. Was prolly just a temporary service issue, but to anyone who may have problems in the future with this try the proxy method I noted above as a temp solution.

Best Regards,
Sons of Ocelot
November 17, 2012 08:30PM
I'm new to peerblocker and I just installed and no p2p sites downloaded and the exception occurred builder number 31011060517. File logproc.cpp
Line 353. Message database or disc is full. Pls help
November 23, 2012 06:01AM
Hello,

Peerblock 1.1 does most current lists. I get this error message:

Error Contacting URL: Could not resolve hosts: :; Host not found

What is the solution? Thank you.
November 29, 2012 10:19PM
I'm trying to Update and it just hangs. I recently downloaded it so I have only lists I've created to rely on.

not even the peerblock.com update is successful?

I've read previous posts and get the idea that this problem happens a lot. Maybe I missed something important on resolving the issue. I have version 1.1 and downloaded it from Cnet.com. running on 64 bit system, windows 7 home premium.

What do you recommend?
Attachments:
open | download - HangingUpdate.png (125.1 KB)
December 03, 2012 11:36PM
[peerblock.googlecode.com]

The latest beta might fix it.
December 03, 2012 11:38PM
[peerblock.googlecode.com]

Sorry wrong link
This is the latest Beta
December 09, 2012 03:41AM
Thats not a beta. Thats a stable.

r484 == old beta (1.0+)
r518 == stable release (1.1)
February 08, 2013 07:00PM
Thank for Your Information.

My Peerblock Update It,But No Change In My Blocking IPs List.I Wonder What is my Peerblock Update It.

Can I Allow This Ip Address [188.165.247.98]OVH SAS.
June 27, 2013 02:51AM
Thanks for the update MarkSide. Is it possible to have some back-up lists anywhere? I had to re-install for other reasons and the lists are non-existent. Any previous list would do me fine.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 39
Record Number of Guests: 215 on November 08, 2012