Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any Closer To A New Version/Build?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Any Closer To A New Version/Build?
May 07, 2012 08:38PM
It was said back in October that PB was still being worked on - any update? It's a *real* pain when you want to unblock an entire service that's in multiple blocked ranges (so unblocking one single IP that appears is not sufficient, as it has to be done over and over and over for each IP that appears). The Search function in the Edit Lists does not work (as I have previously pointed out) and manually adding a bulk PermAllow list is *not* possible. Please at least correct this basic functionality in one way or another. I have tried several ways around these issues, and none have worked. We all know IPBL/BT go over-board in the breadth of their blocking (yes, it can be said better safe than sorry), but right now there is no *effective* way for use to adjust for that, aside from IP by IP sad smiley

That said, PB is the *ONLY* remaining blocker (that I am aware of).

Thanks!
Re: Any Closer To A New Version/Build?
May 08, 2012 01:37PM
Development has stalled out for awhile now. The biggest problem (other than Real Life intervening) is that I forgot to file paperwork for the continued registration of "PeerBlock, LLC", the company we registered to run PeerBlock . . . which is required to purchase a Driver Signing Certificate. As soon as I can get that all straightened out, though, we'll be back to work. There are still a number of things I'd like for us to do, from the minor (easier way to allow IP addresses/ranges) to the major (the re-architecture of the system, including running as an actual Windows Service as well as cross-platform support).

Just bear with us, hopefully those new builds will start flowing soon... I'll make another post to the main site about this as we get closer.

My apologies for the lack of updates.

--- Mark ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
May 08, 2012 05:37PM
Thank Mark! Your reply and update are MUCH appreciated smiling smiley
June 19, 2012 06:00PM
Hello Mark!
I've just found this post...bad me...
I hope PB project won't die.
I keep my fingers crossed.
Best Regards.
June 20, 2012 01:05AM
Still alive and kicking, you'll see!

This business is binary. You're either a one or a zero.
Anonymous User
September 13, 2012 07:47PM
I've never seen such sloth in a developer. Real life got in the way? Like what? You know, you come on here, make this site, get everyone excited about peerblock, how peerguardian isn't dead, you're bringing it back, and it'll be so much better this and that. And then you don't do @#$%& for years at a time. What good is that? Why don't you release the source code so someone who actually gives a @#$%& can develop it on a regular basis.
September 14, 2012 05:07AM

I've never seen such sloth in a developer. Real life got in the way? Like what? You know, you come on here, make this site, get everyone excited about peerblock, how peerguardian isn't dead, you're bringing it back, and it'll be so much better this and that. And then you don't do @#$%& for years at a time. What good is that? Why don't you release the source code so someone who actually gives a @#$%& can develop it on a regular basis.

1. PeerBlock is the developers side hobby/spare time project. If you like, I'm sure you can pay him $150 USD an hour to him to work on PeerBlock full time. People have these things called jobs and a life.
2. Be thankful that he forked PeerGuardian.. He has fixed multiple issues that plagued PeerGuardian. PeerBlock works on Windows Vista/7 now.
3. Its already better than PeerGuardian. More stable. More features. Feel free to view the svn logs.
4. The source code is open source.. you just got to look.. and anyone can poke at it .. [code.google.com] ....
5. I don't like your attitude.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2012 05:09AM by ineedalifetoday.
Your IP address, domain or ISP has been blocked. Please contact the forum administrators.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login