Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Constant outgoing connections from utorrent while not torrenting

Posted by Anonymous User 
Hi,

I've been torrenting more than usual recently and I just noticed today that Peerblock has been blocking a lot of outgoing connections for at least the past week. I did a little fiddling around and the situation seems to be this (I'm a real amateur at this sort of thing so please bear with me):

When I run utorrent I immediately get a blocked outgoing connection on a seemingly random port, the screenshot of my recent peerblock history shows this, each time the port changes is when I've closed and restarted utorrent. As you can see there are a number of additional blocked outgoing connections on the same port at random intervals, and I'm 100% certain that these are occuring whether or not I'm currently connected to a torrent, just so long as utorrent is running.

I've also attached an image of TCPView confirming (I assume) that the activity on that port is associated with utorrent(?) And I've noticed that at least one of the port in question is always constantly sending and receiving a small amount of data.

I tried updating utorrent to the latest version but that hasn't helped, the screenshots having been taken after I did this,
(I just 2 minutes ago reinstalled, rather than updated, utorrent and I noticed a large number of active connections from utorrent in TCPView that I hadn't seen before, seemingly related to something called amazonaws.com, these then seemingly disconnected after 20 seconds or so...)

Is this something I should be very concerned about? Is there anything I should / can do about it?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
Attachments:
open | download - PB history.JPG (256.2 KB)
open | download - TCPView snippet.JPG (62.3 KB)
Re: Constant outgoing connections from utorrent while not torrenting
May 29, 2012 02:28AM
There's nothing to worry over those connections except that some may be a alse positive as well .
Opposite it shows that PB works and that evil ranges operate inside the network .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login