Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DuckDuckGo and Amazon?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
DuckDuckGo and Amazon?
May 30, 2012 10:34AM
Today the list updated and now is http-blocking my favourite search engine, DuckDuckGo, saying it caught an AP2P on Amazon EC3. This far I thought that it's a secure and kind of anonymous search engine. What happened? Is the list accurate of wrong? (I'm using the basic pre-included lists).
Anonymous User
Re: DuckDuckGo and Amazon?
June 08, 2012 11:14PM
There was another discussion on another thread about Amazon. [forums.peerblock.com]

You could try [p2pblocklist.net] if you can handle shelling out ten bucks per year. Or you could try [startpage.com] if you want private searches. I don't think Startpage is in the Amazon cloud.
Anonymous User
Re: DuckDuckGo and Amazon?
June 10, 2012 07:04PM
I did a little probing and I can tell you that DuckDuckGo uses the "nginx" server (pronounced Engine X) which is the Amazon cloud I do believe. Kickass Torrents uses the nginx server as well so you are likely going to get their website blocked too if HTTP is enabled on Peerblock. I checked Startpage.com to see what server they use and it is "Apache" so that option is still open if it hasn't been included in your block list.

So if your block list is blocking the Amazon cloud IP range, a whole lot of legitimate sites are going to affected if they are using Amazon's server. I would venture to guess that Amazon is getting blocked because they like to deploy java scripts for data mining purposes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login