Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is a VPN needed?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Is a VPN needed?
June 15, 2012 01:50PM
Hi, Im not technically minded and years ago it was suggested to me that Peerblock maybe a good idea as I frequented The Pirate Bay smiling smiley
I was wondering if you can tell me if, with the changes now in place in UK with BT etc, is Peerblock2 enough protection or should I setup a VPN too?
Thanks in advance
Ronin smiling smiley
Re: Is a VPN needed?
June 16, 2012 05:02AM
Well ,
that's a good question .
In my opinion , same as that of the Nexus23 Team ,
that is not part of Peerblock Team , so we try to not make confusion ,
VPN is really bad ,
And here why :
[p2pblocklist.net]

Peerblock and ipfilter aren't sure the definitive and the last weapons to protect users
but it must be allowed that also VPN isn't really an effective privacy shield .

My 2 cents .
December 26, 2014 06:02AM
VPN is also good but if you are not having issue then continue with peerblock. you can get PureVPN at discount price

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2018 10:41AM by micjustin33.
December 27, 2014 05:46PM
I own Internet Security software from Avast and they tout their VPN and I was wondering the samething; do I need it?
Thank you,

Jay
Anonymous User
December 28, 2014 05:44PM
A VPN is only good if it does not log IPS and personal information. Most VPNs do and it totally defeats the purpose. You will need to read their privacy policy to make sure a VPN does not log your IP or personal information, such as internet activity and other related stuff. Cyberghost is one VPN that does not log IPS or personal information that I know of.
January 05, 2015 12:47AM
[www.privateinternetaccess.com] is another one and its one of the cheapest also they take btc (Bitcoin) as payment..
Anonymous User
January 06, 2015 06:01AM
Privateinternetaccess is decent. They don't log IPs, but they do log some personal information. Try Cyberghost, they don't log IPs or any personal information and they are also cheap and they offer a free proxy service, if you would rather jsut use a proxy. The free proxy isn;t for p2p, though, it is only for web surfing.
March 18, 2015 11:52AM
IpVanish is the VPN which fulfill your requirement. You can get complete detail about this provider from reading IpVanish Review

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2015 10:39AM by jamesvang86.
July 09, 2015 08:03AM
VPN such as PureVPN is good for protection and of course a good alternate [www.purevpn.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login