Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Peerguardian2 warning

Posted by Archenemy 
Peerguardian2 warning
June 19, 2012 06:39AM
every morning when I boot up I get a warning box that says, "you are currently running Peerguardian2, peer block cannot open properly, operating peerguardian 2 and peer block at the same time in not advised, please turn off peerguardian2 and restart peerblock"

the problem is I have never used it or ever had Peerguardian2 installed.

Why would this message appear if there is no peerguradian2 installed?

What would be causing this?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2012 05:52AM by Archenemy.
Attachments:
open | download - peerguardian2.png (48.8 KB)
Re: Peerguardian2 warning
June 23, 2012 05:49AM
see attached and it will show what the pop-up window says.

click on the attacehment to open
Attachments:
open | download - peerguardian2.png (48.8 KB)
June 25, 2012 05:56AM
Does anyone have any idea why Peerblock will tell me that peerguardian is already running when it has never been installed?
Anonymous User
October 23, 2012 09:50AM
I have the same question. Same thing started on my system a week or two ago. I've always been running Peerblock v1.1 and haven't installed any new programs recently except for a new version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free version, no active monitoring). Peerguardian was never installed on any of my machines.
Anonymous User
January 30, 2015 05:28AM
I get a warning box that says, "you are currently running Peerguardian2, peer block cannot open properly, operating peerguardian 2 and peer block at the same time in not advised, please turn off peerguardian2 and restart peerblock"

Is there a solution to this problem.

Thank you.
January 31, 2015 12:50PM
If you have PeerGuardian2 or any other program that uses the same code base (Bot Revolt, for example), you can't run both at the same time. If, on the other hand, you aren't running any of those, that might well be a bug.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login