Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error contacting lists

Posted by brandonjm8 
Error contacting lists
September 26, 2013 02:41PM
I've been getting enclosed error starting yesterday, this is a message probably for fakhir but maybe someone else is having this issue as well.

error contacting url: 400

as of yesterday I am now a VIP member of iblocklist so I should be able to download my lists everyday so I am at a loss, any ideas?

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
Attachments:
open | download - pb error.JPG (72.2 KB)
fxm
Re: Error contacting lists
September 26, 2013 10:48PM
Can you open iblocklist.com in a browser?
Can you open one of the "error" URLs in a browser?
Anonymous User
September 27, 2013 12:22AM
I'm having the same issue. I'm able to open the URL for the default P2P and Ads lists as well as the iblocklist.com webpage, yet I'm still getting the "Error contacting URL: 400" message. I have the stable version of PeerBlock (version 1.1).
Attachments:
open | download - PeerBlock Update Error.jpg (93.2 KB)
open | download - Default P2P URL webpage.jpg (310.4 KB)
open | download - Default Ads List URL webpage.jpg (258 KB)
open | download - iblocklist website.jpg (267.7 KB)
September 27, 2013 12:51AM
These "Error contacting URL: 400" errors are happening because IBlockList is now restricting free users to updating only once each week.  Please read this post on our main site for more details.  I'll post a sticky about this to make it easier for people to understand what's happening.

Going forward, we're working with IBlockList to come up with a better method of rejecting these too-frequent list-updates, one which won't result in PeerBlock displaying an error message.  We hope to have that in place soon.

Brandonjm8, did you update your PeerBlock List URLs to include your IBlockList Subscription information?  It's a very manual process right now, again we'll be trying to make this easier going forward.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
September 27, 2013 01:00AM
MarkSide Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brandonjm8, did you update your PeerBlock List
> URLs to include your IBlockList Subscription
> information?  It's a very manual process right
> now, again we'll be trying to make this easier
> going forward.
>
>         ---  Mark 
> ---

???

nope but i dont know what you're talking about, i messaged fakhir yesterday and he said he updated my acct to vip but including yesterday and now today i cant update all of my lists and my acct on iblocklist says ive reached my limit and says nothing about my vip status, i dont think fakhir did it right or theres something wrong in the system or maybe i did something wrong, i emailed fakhir but have yet to hear from him regarding this.

when i try to update my membership on iblocklist it forwards me to paypal and wants me to pay, do us internal test team members have to pay or i thought referring to your earlier post you got him to throw that in for free?

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2013 01:05AM by brandonjm8.
fxm
September 27, 2013 01:13AM
EDIT: er, what he said [forums.peerblock.com] (Hi, Mark!)

FWIW: both "vi-webworks.com/f/tagqfxtteucbuldhezkz/bt_level1.gz" and "list.iblocklist.com/lists/bluetack/level-1" are working from here at the moment.

If there is a DNS problem between you and the iblocklist server(s)/mirror(s), running
ipconfig /flushdns
may help. Such situations are common and usually temporary, so waiting a day or so for propagation to resolve the issue is often just as effective. A problem between iblocklist and its server(s)/mirror(s) is another possibility. In that case, however, the symptom won't go away until iblocklist fixes their configuration.

BTW: there is some chance that iblocklist.com is using http 3xx redirection responses; I haven't looked at the code to see whether PB implements that logic properly.

Also: I notice that the iblocklist main page is telling you that you have reached a download limit; it could be that "Error Contacting URL" is a result of that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2013 01:27AM by fxm.
Anonymous User
September 27, 2013 03:41PM
OH!!! Okay. Thank you guys so much! That clears up a lot of confusion about why I'm getting this error all of a sudden. I'll keep the update limitations in mind for future references. Thanks again! :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login