Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PeerBlock with Online games?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
PeerBlock with Online games?
October 18, 2013 10:40PM
I often play multiplayer games but I can't play them with PB up because it blocks them. But despite me allowing the games IP permanently, another IP that the game uses pops up and no matter how many times I allow, PB still blocks it.

What can I do with this situation to have PB up while I still game? How can I tell PB to allow this game regardless of what IP it's trying to connect with?
fxm
Re: PeerBlock with Online games?
October 19, 2013 11:08AM
catpolice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> What can I do with this situation to have PB up
> while I still game?

For a game with a small number of IP addresses, it is easy enough to permallow each one manually as it appears.

> How can I tell PB to allow
> this game regardless of what IP it's trying to
> connect with?

Doing that for a game with a large number of IP addresses can be tedious, but there may be an alternative: permallow lists which can be installed in PB are available for many popular games; the trick is to find and download the one(s) you need. The [ORGANIZATIONS] section of iblocklist.com is a good place to start looking, along with the PB ALLOW LISTS forum..

If the addresses in question are in a small number of ranges, editing your existing permallow list or building one from scratch list isn't too difficult. You may find information about server addresses at the web site for the game or in related forums [official or unofficial]; finding DNS information yourself and/or inferring ranges is possible but error-prone and possibly tedious.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2013 11:00AM by fxm.
Anonymous User
October 30, 2013 10:55AM
I'm having the same issue, so its not possible to nit pick out from peerblocker ones like Aion or World of warcraft? The Aion is a real heavy load, even though allowed it spams a huge list all over again in peerblocker why is that?
Anonymous User
October 31, 2013 01:53PM
I'm having the issue with Guild Wars 2. I've tried to sit and while PB is running, try to log into GW2 and permanently allow all the IPs that pop up but it's never ending. After five minutes of three to five IPs popping up with every attempt I realized that there's probably a ridiculously huge IP list for it.

I was just curious if there was an easier way to compile these IP or just permanently allow the source. I tried looking for a list for GW2 but it doesn't seem like there's one compiled.
October 31, 2013 04:29PM
The only way to make it easier that I can think of is to see if the IPs are consecutive. If they are, you could just make your own list with only the starting IP (as in the lowest IP of all the game servers) and the ending IP (as in the highest IP). That way you don't have to allow, for an example, xxx.xxx.xx1, xxx.xxx.xx2 and xxx.xxx.xx3 but tell PeerBlock to allow everything between xxx.xxx.xx1 and xxx.xxx.xx3.

Especially if the IPs are not consecutive, even this won't make it very convenient. When the next stable version of PeerBlock is released, though, the port-allowing code should be in. That way you can simply tell PeerBlock to ignore the traffic in the ports the game uses. That should make it far easier.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2013 04:30PM by Keefa.
fxm
October 31, 2013 10:53PM
catpolice Wrote:

>Guild Wars 2.

It appears the NC Soft publishes Aion, GW, and GW2.
There is an allow list for NC Soft at iblocklist.com
Are you saying that it doesn't work?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2013 11:22PM by fxm.
fxm
October 31, 2013 10:56PM
herolegend Wrote:

> World of warcraft?

It appears the WoW is published by Blizzard.
There is an allow list for Blizzard at iblocklist.com
Are you saying that it doesn't work?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2013 11:21PM by fxm.
Anonymous User
November 03, 2013 07:10PM
hey dude what is iblocklist.com? I go there how do you use it for Aion?
fxm
November 03, 2013 09:26PM
Well. let's see...

I previously gave you the web address for iblocklist and the name of the button there to push.

Do I now have to tell you how to find the PB User Guide?
Anonymous User
November 06, 2013 09:44AM
Ok thanks I found it in lists manager.
Anonymous User
January 26, 2014 02:00AM
I signed up to the forum because of this problem.

PB causes problems for me playing Diablo III.
It causes problems with the Steam client for Windows.
It causes problems with the Blizzard launcher.
It causes problems with Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Why is PeerBlock blocking games servers in the first place?
Are these games/clients conducting nefarious activities?
fxm
January 26, 2014 02:33PM
skywalka Wrote:

> Why is PeerBlock blocking games servers

Because the list(s) you installed contain their IP address(es).

There are canned allow lists at iblocklist.com for Steam and other publishers.

You may also find their server address(es) at forums for some games and assemble an allow list yourself. And, of course, you can just keep perm-allowing addresses or ranges manually as you encounter them.
Anonymous User
January 27, 2014 01:48AM
Stating the ovbious doesn't help anyone.

Why should I have to unblock harmless connections. Why do the lists I installed block game servers in the first place.
January 27, 2014 11:54AM
We at PeerBlock don't make the lists, so we can't say for sure why they are blocked in some list(s). You should contact the ones making the list and ask them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2014 11:54AM by Keefa.
Anonymous User
January 27, 2014 09:43PM
OK. Thanks.
Anonymous User
February 08, 2014 11:33AM
Actually can you tell me who makes the lists PB uses?
February 08, 2014 12:36PM
Different lists are made by different groups or people. The easiest way to check who made a particular list is probably by going to www.iblocklist.com and checking. The author of the list is next to the name of the list on the lists page.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login