Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Peer Block has disabled all lists and is not blocking anything

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Peer Block has disabled all lists and is not blocking anything
December 06, 2013 01:39PM
it says there an error 429 and do's not update any list even though i just downloaded peer block to my computer
Re: Peer Block has disabled all lists and is not blocking anything
December 07, 2013 01:04AM
dbigdog97 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it says there an error 429 and do's not update any
> list even though i just downloaded peer block to
> my computer

[www.peerblock.com]

Due to the huge amount of bandwidth they're providing to our users, IBlockList.com has started limiting free users to updating once per week only. After you've hit this limit, subsequent attempts to update your lists will result in PeerBlock getting "Error contacting URL: 429" errors. Please read this post on our main page for more details, and how you can get an IBlockList subscription to update more frequently.

We are working with IBlockList to come up with a better way for them to implement this update-limiting, such that PeerBlock doesn't receive these errors. We hope to have this up-and-running soon.

Sorry for the confusion this is causing,

--- Mark ---

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2013 01:05AM by brandonjm8.
I decided to uninstall peerblock and re-install with the beta version, now I can't update at all. Now the program is just sitting there saying '4 failed updating, 4 disabled and it's not blocking anything.

I should have kept it the way it was at least it was working.
the 429 error was not the problem its that its disabled all my list even the 4 basic lists
December 11, 2013 01:41AM
As per my comments on this thread, this problem should go away if you switch versions again or if you email your IP address to the I-Blocklist team.

Sorry for the problems,

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
where can i send my Ip address because i have installed different versions already and it has not worked
December 11, 2013 03:57PM
support@iblocklist.com

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
okay i have sent my ip to that email adress
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login