Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How block HTTP?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
How block HTTP?
December 23, 2013 04:21PM
Hello,

I would like your help for something I don't understand. I enabled "Block HTTP" that is making practically all the sites are blocked. Of course, the ones I know I want to allow. So I am going to the icon of PeerBlock and I right click on "Allow HTTP". The problem is that it allows the site, of course, but it also unlocks all ... How should I must do to fix this inconvenience? Excuse my horrible english, I'm French.

Sincerely,

Pierre.
fxm
Re: How block HTTP?
December 23, 2013 06:03PM
PoA61 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I am going to
> the icon of PeerBlock and I right click on "Allow
> HTTP".

As you have seen, that affects all sites [which is almost never what you want to do].

To allow just one site, open the log window, right click on the desired address, and select "Allow ........... permanently"
[or "15 minutes" or "one hour' if you want this action to be temporary].
Anonymous User
December 24, 2013 01:07AM
Hello fxm,

Thanks for the reply.

I have already done this, but the pages appear without colors and "design" ... All the artifices disappear. It is embarrassing!

Sincerely,

Pierre.
December 24, 2013 05:01AM
Something else is going on because if you've allowed the ip(s) to be connected to then the page should load.
fxm
December 24, 2013 11:24AM
PoA61 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> pages appear
> without colors and "design"

Parts of the pages in question are evidently hosted on sites that you are still blocking.
Watch the log window for the additional address(es) you need to allow.
Anonymous User
December 25, 2013 09:41AM
Hello,

Merry Christmas to all.

Thank you for the explanation. PeerBlock is a bit restrictive, but is efficient. Enter and analyze the addresses one by one, we lost the habit with automating tasks (under Widows and Mac). But we learn a lot of things: how are structured sites, what internet companies are called in service, who are these companies that we know but we do not know what they do. All interlinked in one site ... Very interesting. That's it. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Pierre.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login