Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PeerBlock 1.1 (r691

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
PeerBlock 1.1 (r691
January 07, 2014 03:03PM
01/07/2014

Installed the new software this moring and still no IP's are blocked. Updates are downloaded and have the paid the monies to iblock. But nothing is being blocked.

Software is stil not operating correctly.

Windows 7 Professional
Service Pack 1
32 Bit OS
4 Gig memory

Miss Max
Re: PeerBlock 1.1 (r691
January 07, 2014 04:50PM
Could you add your .conf and .log files so we could have a proper look at what might be wrong? Thank you.
Anonymous User
January 07, 2014 08:27PM
Keefa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Could you add your .conf and .log files so we
> could have a proper look at what might be wrong?
> Thank you.

Exactially where are these log files?
January 08, 2014 12:06AM
by default:

C://program file/peerblock

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
January 08, 2014 08:13AM
Please note that the requested .conf file contains your iblocklist username/pin information in them.  If you're going to post them, please make sure you write down your username/pin first, then delete that information from your PeerBlock 'Settings 1' tab, then save your config, before sharing it with others.  You can re-enter that information after uploading the file.

Sorry you're experiencing this problem,

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
January 10, 2014 02:35PM
Here's MissMax's peerblock.log and the incomplete .conf. The .conf file is missing some lines for some reason, but that might be because it was copy-pasted into a PM. The problem seems to persist even with a clean .conf.

I couldn't see anything that could explain the problem in them, can you guys?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2014 02:39PM by Keefa.
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.log (27.2 KB)
open | download - peerblock.conf (1.2 KB)
January 11, 2014 05:55AM
Hm, I don't see anything jumping out at me here.  Very strange.

First off let's see if we can characterize the problem a bit better.

Q1:  If you run through the How do I know PeerBlock is working? steps, what do you see?

Q2:  If you click on the "View History" button on PeerBlock's "Protection" tab, then look at the "Blocked" tab in the window that pops up, do you see anything in there?

Q3:  If you look in your C:\Program Files\PeerBlock folder, do you have a file called "history.db" in there?  If so, what size is it?

Q4:  In the Protection tab, do you see 10 or so IP addresses showing as Allowed, and then a message saying "Stopped displaying allowed packets, for performance reasons"...?

I'm wondering if the problem is that it isn't working, or if it's just having a problem displaying the blocked IP addresses in the window.  I can see a message in the logs that it's "Stopping default Allowed Packet logging", which we should only see if PeerBlock was correctly able to filter traffic.

Q5:  What kind of machine do you have?  (Dell Optiplex i840, Surface Pro 2, Home-built desktop PC, ...?)

Q6:  What kind of firewall are you running?  (Windows Firewall, Comodo, Norton, ...)

Q7:  What kind of anti-virus are you running?  (Microsoft Security Essentials / Windows Defender, Avast, AVG, Symantec, ...)

Q8:  Any other security software that you're running?

Q9:  Anything else "weird" about your setup?  (Super-high resolution, running it in a VM, some crazy video-card shenanigans, ...?)

These sorts of information might help spark a theory about what could be going wrong, or worst-case scenario could help us build a pattern should someone else report a similar problem.

Again, I apologize for the fact that you're experiencing this issue.  Thank you for the opportunity to help troubleshoot it.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login