Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Notification icon is gone !

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Notification icon is gone !
March 07, 2014 09:44PM
Hello,

I installed Peerblock on my Win7 x64 Pro machine. It ran perfectly fine until today: the icon in the notification area has suddenly gone away. I know that Peerblock is still running because I can see peerblock.exe process running in the task manager, but it is quite annoying and unusual.

Thank you in advance for helping me,
Re: Notification icon is gone !
March 08, 2014 10:08AM
Try opening peerblock.exe again while it's running. That should make the notification area icon appear again. Then open the main window and go to Settings 2. If you have "Always start hidden" checked, uncheck it. If you have "Always hide tray icon" checked, uncheck it. If that doesn't help, try checking both of them and then unchecking them both. Just to make sure.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'll try and think of something else.
Anonymous User
March 09, 2014 06:49PM
Thank you Keefa for your answer.
Listen, it is very strange: I didn't have to follow your instructions because my Peerblock notification area icon went back by its own ! I didn't change anything in any settings of my machine though ...
Anyway it seems to work fine now so it's ok.
I had the same problem with ESET NOD32 and with the Windows Task Manager too. Now, the problem with ESET is gone, its notification area icon is showing properly, but the problem is present with the Task Manager ...
I posted on ESET's forum and some guys answered me that they did have this problem too, not only with ESET but with other softwares too ... So I strongly think it's a Microsoft Windows Update related issue but I can't figure out what update is the culprit exactly ... I cross the fingers.
Thank you again for your support.
fxm
March 09, 2014 07:53PM
AtoutPirePeerBloque Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Windows

This situation often arises with any application that blinks its notification icon.

If another application takes the focus while a notification icon is blank but doesn't then yield it back [because it has popped a dialog box which hasn't been answered, for example], any blank notification icon(s) my remain that way indefinitely.

It is usually possible to get things back to normal by clicking on each box on the taskbar one-at-a-time - ending with the "missing" app [after, if necessary, making its window visible and dismissing any dialog box(es) found along the way].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login