Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HTTP 403 BLOCKED W/ P2P

Posted by jjr 
jjr
HTTP 403 BLOCKED W/ P2P
October 07, 2009 05:33AM
Uninstalles Za and reinstalled it now it seems to be working OK

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2009 11:18AM by jjr.
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.2009-10-07.log (41 KB)
jjr
Re: HTTP 403 BLOCKED W/ P2P ISOHunt and Minonova
October 07, 2009 05:36AM
Sorry the actual error is HTTP 403 FORBIDDEN, I also get the same message if I attampt to open the attachment I have in the above post. Is everything now blocked???
October 07, 2009 06:15AM
HTTP 403 forbidden means you don't have access to the specified site (e.g. it requires you to login). It's a server configuration so check back on those sites in a few hours.
October 07, 2009 06:41AM
Hi jjr, Welcome to the forums!!!

i've stolen this info about HTTP 403 errors from here:[www.checkupdown.com]

"The Web server (running the Web site) thinks that the HTTP data stream sent by the client (e.g. your Web browser...) was correct, but access to the resource identified by the URL is forbidden for some reason.

This indicates a fundamental access problem, which may be difficult to resolve because the HTTP protocol allows the Web server to give this response without providing any reason at all. So the 403 error is equivalent to a blanket 'NO' by the Web server - with no further discussion allowed."

what this means if that for some unknown reason the servers you are trying to access is denying your computer. for it to do this, it must have some kind of communications with your computer. Peerblock blocks communications (connections, specifically) BEFORE they happen, and as such cannot cause a 403 error.

also, the attachments in these forums are accessed through the same IP address as the page itself, so peerblock would either block the whole forum, or nothing - again i highly doubt that PeerBlock is causing any errors.

I highly doubt that a 403 error is caused by PeerBlock.

Clearly if websites some websites aren't working, something is going wrong however! I'm just not sure what it is.

One of the Devs will be by shortly and look at your log, and give their thoughts on whether peerblock is causing these errors or something else is - honestly i have no idea what else could be causing them!

I hope i've helped,

Good Luck!!!

- hoota
jjr
Re: HTTP 403 BLOCKED W/ P2P
October 07, 2009 08:03AM
Best that I can figure out is that its a issue with my Zone Alarm Security Suite? I usually have the Program Control>Programs> UT> Set at Restricted with only the Internet and Trusted checked off under Access tab. I never even had a problem when this was set.

Now it seems that the only way I can get the above progras to run is to turn off the ZA start a DL and then turn the ZA back on again, Then it seems to work fine. So I do not think its PB causing the issue.

The only other change I did was to add a wireless router so I could use a old PC. I tried running the programs after router was installed and they ran flawlessly so I do not know what is going on.

Also I can not open or DL attachments from this forum with my Zone Alarm Internet Securety Suite turned on, so again I do not knwo what is going on?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2009 11:19AM by jjr.
October 07, 2009 09:32AM
Definitely sounds like a ZoneAlarm issue - it may be "protecting" you from downloading things from the evil Internet. Might be worth asking for help on the ZoneAlarm Forums, as they're probably in a better position to know what/why/how it does whatever it's doing.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 50
Record Number of Users: 9 on March 02, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 215 on November 08, 2012