Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TBG lists no longer available?

Posted by CooloutAC 
TBG lists no longer available?
November 19, 2014 06:13AM
I don't see them listed on iblocklist.com anymore? and [tbg.iblocklist.com] isn't loading for me.

I'm on a fresh install and only have bluetack lists, which is about half of what I'm normally blocking, and I can really tell the difference.
Are the TBG lists no longer available?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Rich.
Re: TBG lists no longer available?
November 19, 2014 06:09PM
I found the TBG lists by googling, and finding cached pages, that still had the p2p url which still works...

weird. and yes now i'm blocking 3.2 billion ipv4 instead of only 2 billion. Including the apps l like to only temporarily allow, which are now being blocked again with the added lists.

I still find it strange the TBG lists are now hidden though?
Anonymous User
December 13, 2014 12:18PM
Hello. I know this topic is a bit old now, but I asked Fakhir, the manager for iblocklist. He claimed TBG was no longer publishing lists anymore, so they took there lists off iblocklist.
Anonymous User
December 14, 2014 11:13PM
Actually, I demanded that he remove them. After dragging him kicking and screaming towards that objective, he finally relented and removed the obvious links to TBG's lists from iblocklist.com. I would also ask him to delete TBG's former webspace and all its contents, including the out-of-date lists there. Fakhir still has not stopped using an old copy of the Primary Threats list as the only signficant source for his Anti-Infringement list, which is a phony product he uses to give the impression that he has something of value of his own that makes becoming a subscriber worthwhile and which I have never mentioned out of politeness until now.

The Anti-Infringement list is nothing more than ranges for a limited number of ap2p companies that he's aware of and has extracted from the Primary Threats and BT Level 1 lists. As the Level 1 list has no ranges for any ap2p companies that the Primary Threats list does not and the Primary Threats list has many thousands of ranges the Level 1 list doesn't, he's still trying to avoid having to give up using that old copy for his phony commercial product.

As for TBG's lists and IP-filters availability: Only IP-filters are being made available at the moment. They're still free and they offer far better file-sharing protection than anything else being offered. The links to those are not being released publicly to prevent ap2p companies from having easy access to them. If you would like to have links to the IP-filters for your personal use, then send an email to tbgblocklists at hushmail dot com requesting this.

-Monk
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login