Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Crash

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Crash
January 16, 2015 01:09PM
I was using Peerblocker this week and it was not responding so I shut it down with taskmanager. I added two IP addresses using list manager after I restarted my computer, but I noticed that the history was not updating blocked sites or IP addresses. When I checked for blocked sites, there were none listed after the crash time. I installed the latest version but it still didn't seem to be blocking anything. How can I be sure that the program is working? I also wanted to uninstall Peerblock using Revo uninstaller before reinstalling it, but it doesn't show up in the list of installed programs. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Re: Crash
January 16, 2015 01:58PM
As for how to make sure PeerBlock is working, try this: [www.peerblock.com]

If you find PeerBlock is, indeed, not working though you have all the lists you want to use added and updated, you could try exiting PeerBlock, deleting your cache.p2b file (located where you installed PeerBlock) and running PeerBlock again. If that fails to help, a proper uninstallation might help. Why it's not listed in Revo I have no idea, but if it's not in there, just uninstall it through Windows' built-in uninstaller. There shouldn't be any leftover files or registry entries anyway.
January 16, 2015 07:45PM
Or uninstall it from the original directory. There is an uninstall file in dir. you can use.
Anonymous User
January 20, 2015 07:51PM
I did the G E ping and got mixed results as you can see in attachment, then I uninstalled Peerblock and reinstalled it. Worked like a charm, thank you for your help.
Attachments:
open | download - Ping photo.png (348.9 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login