Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Peerblock doesnt start : Line 1184

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Peerblock doesnt start : Line 1184
January 25, 2015 10:55AM
Hello

Im under vista 32bit, Never had problem, but then I made a windows update ( no idea if this is really what screw the stuff or not, but it seems that happened just after that), and peeblock cant start anymore.
I was under the last 1.1 version, so I thought Im gonna move to the latest 1.2 r693 , and error again as in the capture screen;
Even in fail safe mode it gave the same error. I tried to install the older version, same thing.
I removed all history /list. same thing.. so I'm stuck now.. any idea thank you.
Attachments:
open | download - img_42 20150125 11.49.jpg (19.8 KB)
fxm
Re: Peerblock doesnt start : Line 1184
January 25, 2015 12:59PM
I'm reasonably sure that this entry in the UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION sticky
[forums.peerblock.com]
applies to your situation.

PLEASE report back either way so I can update those instructions accordingly.
Anonymous User
January 25, 2015 10:03PM
Hello
I can't post in the section advised : " Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. " .
I of course read that thread before posting, and as I said I removed all db /list file / restart/ reinstall downgrade as advised for others " uncought exception error" without luck.
the error is for line 1184 ; no one seems to have had this error yet.
any idea welcome.
thank you.
Anonymous User
January 25, 2015 10:21PM
Oki Its' working now.

It seems that I had to cut the internet and restart it after reinstalling.. ( strange as even after removing all list file and .db file execpt allow /disallow list it wasnt starting.) So it might be some kind of list failure like other ungaught error even thought it's not the same line number.
All in all I compiled peerguardian for centos 7 ( quite a problem as it's not made to work on red hat based system normally) but it has a feature that dowloads an XML file from iblocklist which contains all information concerning all their lists.so it's easy to add whatever needed . Because now I have to manually copy/paste like 25 lists to comply with my need ( countries etc..)
would be nice to just add the feature to parse the url of all iblock list availableand just tick a box to add it.
thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login