Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

something odd

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
something odd
February 15, 2015 09:14AM
for the past couple days I've been having an unknown connection attempt coming from the IGMP port that keeps getting blocked every minute of the day, and I am beginning to wonder if this needs to be added to the block list for the next time updates are available, or if this is normal.
Attachments:
open | download - logs.png (15.2 KB)
Re: something odd
February 15, 2015 03:03PM
If you have a firewall check what is related to that IP , port, application, PID then report it here.
And yes it's the DoD and is already blocked , at least in ours blocklists .
Anonymous User
February 19, 2015 07:58AM
I have checked everything over and there is nothing related to the specific IP, port, application, PID. I want to add that I have re-formatted my harddrive and this issue didn't stop. I have tonight contacted my cable provider and from my conversation with them, is that I have had ZoneAlarm free firewall and Anti-virus so they didn't see that to be a problem, but since I have informed them that I do use this program, the customer service representative told me that there could be a bug in the version 1.1+ (r691) of this program running and that it shouldn't be giving me these IGMP connection attempts that get blocked.
This might be an area that needs to be looked at when an official release comes out in the future.
February 20, 2015 12:10PM
I strongly don't think that the problem is peerblock,
if it was a bug then you wouldn't get only that IP pinging your machine.
ZA doesn't tell you which application receives that imcp ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login