Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

uTorrent Should I use VPN PPTP or BitTorrent Proxy

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
uTorrent Should I use VPN PPTP or BitTorrent Proxy
February 19, 2015 07:27PM
I have received several notices from my ISP stating the I am downloading movies. I want to hide my Bit Torrent activety. I have been reading on VPN, PPTP and Bit Torrent Proxy and I got more confused as they all seem to do the samething but I guess I need to know how to configure the computer and application (VPN, BitTorrect, PeerBlock etc.) to hide my info from my ISP.

Can someone help me choose the application I need to hide my data and activity from my ISP?

Thanks for any help.
Re: uTorrent Should I use VPN PPTP or BitTorrent Proxy
February 19, 2015 09:27PM
You'll find some helpful info from this link:

[forums.peerblock.com]

There is pros and cons on whether to or not to use vpn's. I personally use: [btguard.com]
along with peerblock
Anonymous User
February 20, 2015 06:24PM
RobrPatty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You'll find some helpful info from this link:
>
> [forums.peerblock.com]
>
> There is pros and cons on whether to or not to use
> vpn's. I personally use: [btguard.com]
> along with peerblock

Hi RobrPatty,

Is BTGuard a form of VPN? Will BTGuard hide my activity from my ISP? This is what I realy want to do.

Thanks for the info.
February 20, 2015 07:01PM
Absolutely and they do not keep records. When you sign up for an account you will log in with your own username and password. And they have an exclusive guide just for you to show you how to setup there vpn in your torrent client. Its really an easy process. And works 100%. I've been using it for years along with Peerblock and have got not one single notice.
Anonymous User
February 21, 2015 12:45AM
On BTGuard ther are two options. "Bittorrent Proxy" and "VPN". I ask because they are different cost. If all I am doing is using uTorrent to download movies, which one do I need for hidding my activity from my ISP?

Thanks for the help.
February 21, 2015 02:25AM
"Bittorrent Proxy" thats just for your torrent client. Which would be good for you.

But I must add that we here at PeerBlock forums do not condone downloading "copywrite" material.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 02:27AM by RobrPatty.
Anonymous User
February 21, 2015 04:32AM
Understood. This has also been a good learning experience for me. I am reading and learning a lot about this subject. I never realized all the security threats I am exposed and how I can mitigate the threats.

Is there any special setting I need to configure BTGuard and Peerblock? Do I install them and leave the setting as is and that should do what I need for protection?

Thanks for your help.
February 21, 2015 05:31AM
Use BTguards guide for setting up your client. And go from there.
Anonymous User
February 21, 2015 10:30PM
How do I make sure BTGuard connects to a close server to me so I have a faster connectivety? I know there is a way to choose by using ca.vpn.btguard.com for Canada, eu.vpn.btguard.com for Europe and I thought vpn.btguard.com for US. I used vpn.btguard.com and I checked my IP address location and it says I am in Canada. I think if I cannect to a US server my connectivity might be a little faster.

Thanks
February 22, 2015 12:26AM
Did you get the VPN or the proxy?
Anonymous User
February 22, 2015 05:53AM
I got the VPN. Will this matter?
Anonymous User
February 24, 2015 03:45AM
Hi RobrPatty,

I am using VPN. Also, Should I be disconnecting from the VPN so I don't cause suspition with my ISP? Would they start looking closely at what am doing if the see I am connecting through a VPN?

Thanks
Anonymous User
February 26, 2015 05:01PM
How do I make sure BTGuard connects to a close server to me so I have a faster connectivety? I know there is a way to choose by using ca.vpn.btguard.com for Canada, eu.vpn.btguard.com for Europe and I thought vpn.btguard.com for US. I used vpn.btguard.com and I checked my IP address location and it says I am in Canada. I think if I cannect to a US server my connectivity might be a little faster.

Thanks
May 27, 2015 10:25AM
I have tested BT Guard personally while searching for the same topic. well not sure about that.. almost every VPN will give anonymous connection while browsing or streaming Etc. but to specifically torrenting you need Fastest VPN Service which will never break downs the connection while you are downloading. Its really important to check before buy VPN service, check them by speed test. after that you will be ready to go without any trouble.

here are few highly performance VPN service speed test results.

ExpressVPN (Download 23.44MB/s)
Hidemyass VPN (Download 21.55MB/s)
Private Internet Access (Download 19.42MB/s)

Here you can find full list [www.fastestvpn.net]

Hope that helps smiling smiley

Thanks
Night_Fury
June 18, 2015 08:32AM
the question you should ask yourself is do you want to keep your ISP? if you get a third notice your ISP will disconnect you and terminate your contract(that is when the lawyers come in settle out of court min 3 grand penalty). you will need to stop downloading movies for 6-8 months. your ISP is monitoring you now with 2 red flags. evidently you do not know how to setup µTorrent. you can have all the lists in the world, but you are naked in the wilderness if they do a log dump in µTorrent and see your IP address. you should be fine w/progs. I stress no movies because your ISP is logging your every move because they were contacted by the DMCA. I would take this time to learn how to properly setup µTorrent. I almost believe that you did not know that you can block IP's in µTorrent... by default it is disabled in µTorrent advanced ipfilter.enable set to true... you need to get the IP filter updater.zip for µTorrent.. do a forced protocol encryption un-toggle allow legacy connections.. install the IPv6/Teredo..there are tones of you-tube's out there to help you out. also download Ultrasurf to remove your IP in µTorrent via proxy. you will need to setup proxy sock 4 IP address and port.

to answer your question no you can not stop you ISP from logging your every move, but you can minimize them from being physically read..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2015 08:35PM by FastLane128.
August 26, 2015 10:33AM
Torrent lovers face more issues and concerns than any other internet user. They are not only challenged by strict copyrights laws, but they are also under the threat of serving time in jail and paying heavy fines as a result. An optimal approach to resolve these concerns is a VPN. A Torrent VPN not only keeps your identity discreet but it allows you to enjoy online liberation without compromising on your security.
September 18, 2015 07:48AM
VPN will create a secure tunnel between you and its server and will route your internet traffic from this tunnel. Hence, your ISP could not see your activities. Moreover, VPN service would also mask your IP with its server's IP so that you would be save from companies looking for copyright infringments.

However, there are three types of VPNs for torrents
1. VPNs that block torrent traffic: If you use these VPNs you would see that when you start downloading torrent your internet speed would drop to zero. Also, your account can also be suspended for downloading torrent. Hence, you should avoid these VPNs.
2. VPNs that keep logs: These VPNs do not suspend you account on downloading torrent. But, they may reveal your information on almos any legit notice. Hence, you should avoid these VPNs as well.
3. VPNs that does not keep logs: Use VPNs that does not keep users logs. You would be completely anonymous using these.

I would recommend Ivacy, because it has some more features i.e. Kill Switch, Split Tunneling, IPv6 leak protection etc. that give complete privacy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login