Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I- BLOCKLIST SUBSCRIPTION PROMPT AT STARTUP

Posted by julio99 
Re: I- BLOCKLIST SUBSCRIPTION PROMPT AT STARTUP
July 13, 2016 04:44PM
In order to FORCE the program to update, you DELETE all the existing lists (except permallow), and then run the PeerBlock 'update' function.

My computer, running Windows 7, stores the lists in this directory -

   C:\Program Files\PeerBlock\lists

Check the program's settings options. There is an option to update all lists every time the program starts, but you need to TICK it.

The iBlocklist lists are a waste of money, because the important ones are NOT updated any longer. Use this list (John Tyree's biglist) instead -

   http://john.bitsurge.net/public/biglist.p2p.gz





Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2016 09:13AM by otrman.
Re: I- BLOCKLIST SUBSCRIPTION PROMPT AT STARTUP
July 16, 2016 12:45PM
avatar
That list is an overbloated hoggy list not a serious blacklist.

Use it and 90% of your Internet wont work anymore.

After 16 years still ignorance of someone ruins the hard job of some other.
Re: I- BLOCKLIST SUBSCRIPTION PROMPT AT STARTUP
July 17, 2016 07:30AM
Praeses Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That seems like a valid list. Do you not maybe
> have a firewall which is blocking PB from
> connecting to the internet?

Nope. That list has always updated fine in the past. (Just as a test: even with firewall allowing all traffic, list doesn't update).
Re: I- BLOCKLIST SUBSCRIPTION PROMPT AT STARTUP
July 17, 2016 12:12PM
avatar
mike20021969 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Praeses Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That seems like a valid list. Do you not maybe
> > have a firewall which is blocking PB from
> > connecting to the internet?
>
> Nope. That list has always updated fine in the
> past. (Just as a test: even with firewall allowing
> all traffic, list doesn't update).


Which version of PB are you using?




Beta Testing Rig: Windows 10 x64 Pro 1607, Intel Core i5 2500K, 16GB DDR3, Avast! Free Antivirus
Re: I- BLOCKLIST SUBSCRIPTION PROMPT AT STARTUP
August 13, 2016 07:19PM
I removed Peerblock and reinstalled it like everyone is telling me to do, but that is NOT WORKING for me!!! It works for ONLY a day or so before it asks me to buy a subscription again!!! Anybody else have this problem?

the .gz file isn't recognized by Peerblock so that isn't working for me either! Anybody else having problems getting Peerblock to read that list? If I select "all files" in order to see the .gz file, Peerblock says it is not a valid list!

It seems that this thread has pretty much completely died, but this is still very much a problem!

Can I get anybody to help me?
fxm
Re: I- BLOCKLIST SUBSCRIPTION PROMPT AT STARTUP
August 13, 2016 10:59PM
justinrpg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I removed Peerblock and reinstalled it like
> everyone is telling me to do, but that is NOT
> WORKING for me!!! It works for ONLY a day or so
> before it asks me to buy a subscription again!!!

That message comes from the iblocklist server.
If you have a paid subscription, contact them.
If you don't, what else would you expect?
Re: I- BLOCKLIST SUBSCRIPTION PROMPT AT STARTUP
August 14, 2016 09:11AM
@justinrpg :

As I have already explained, you can force the iblocklist lists to up date by simply deleting the current list files from your program files folder. See my post, above.

When you re-installed PeerBlock, you deleted all the list files, along with the rest of the PeerBlock files, which is why when you reinstalled PB - thus had no list files - you were able to redownload the list files from iblocklist's website. But when the first 24 hour update came around, it refused to update them because the files already existed on your local disk.

To overcome this, delete the list files from your hard disk before running the update routine.

There is no point updating most of the iblocklist lists, though, because the bluetack lists - which are the most important ones - are no longer maintained, since the death of the guy who created them. iblocklist are simply distributing the final version of the bluetack lists, that have not been updated since last year, and which in future will become more and more out of date.
Re: I- BLOCKLIST SUBSCRIPTION PROMPT AT STARTUP
December 03, 2016 06:29PM
Just to update this thread with additional information.

Anyone interested in obtaining blocklists which will work in PeerBlock and which are regularly updated, in substitution for the i-Blocklist bluetack lists (which are no longer free and are no longer updated), can consult a large selection of - mostly free - lists at:

   https://zeltser.com/malicious-ip-blocklists/

I was particularly interested in one of these, which puts together a list by combining several from different sources -

  http://iplists.firehol.org

There is also a page maintained by a user from this forum, OmegleWarden, of various lists he maintains -

  http://omeglewarden.weebly.com/ip-lists.html
Re: I- BLOCKLIST SUBSCRIPTION PROMPT AT STARTUP
December 04, 2016 07:38AM
avatar
The Bluetack lists are still being updated and don't require subscription.

otrman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just to update this thread with additional
> information.
>
> Anyone interested in obtaining blocklists which
> will work in PeerBlock and which are regularly
> updated, in substitution for the i-Blocklist
> bluetack lists (which are no longer free and are
> no longer updated), can consult a large selection
> of - mostly free - lists at:
>
>   
> [zeltser.com]
>
> I was particularly interested in one of these,
> which puts together a list by combining several
> from different sources -
>
>   [iplists.firehol.org]
>
> There is also a page maintained by a user from
> this forum, OmegleWarden, of various lists he
> maintains -
>
>   [omeglewarden.weebly.com]




Beta Testing Rig: Windows 10 x64 Pro 1607, Intel Core i5 2500K, 16GB DDR3, Avast! Free Antivirus



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2016 07:40AM by Praeses.
Re: I- BLOCKLIST SUBSCRIPTION PROMPT AT STARTUP
January 02, 2017 08:26AM
avatar
Praeses Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Bluetack lists are still being updated and
> don't require subscription.
>
> otrman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------

by who?



> -----
> > Just to update this thread with additional
> > information.
> >
> > Anyone interested in obtaining blocklists which
> > will work in PeerBlock and which are regularly
> > updated, in substitution for the i-Blocklist
> > bluetack lists (which are no longer free and
> are
> > no longer updated), can consult a large
> selection
> > of - mostly free - lists at:
> >
> >   
> > [zeltser.com]

> >
> > I was particularly interested in one of these,
> > which puts together a list by combining several
> > from different sources -
> >
> >   [iplists.firehol.org]
> >
> > There is also a page maintained by a user from
> > this forum, OmegleWarden, of various lists he
> > maintains -
> >
> >   [omeglewarden.weebly.com]


These lists are for LoL only..
Re: I- BLOCKLIST SUBSCRIPTION PROMPT AT STARTUP
January 03, 2017 07:49AM
avatar
Spartan23 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Praeses Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The Bluetack lists are still being updated and
> > don't require subscription.
> >
> > otrman Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
>
> by who?
>


I don't know, but they still have updates every couple of days.




Beta Testing Rig: Windows 10 x64 Pro 1607, Intel Core i5 2500K, 16GB DDR3, Avast! Free Antivirus
Re: I- BLOCKLIST SUBSCRIPTION PROMPT AT STARTUP
March 09, 2017 02:19PM
Had to reboot my computer and I am unable to find the password for the blocklist. Your program has been a big help keeping my computer safe from unknown hackers.
Re: I- BLOCKLIST SUBSCRIPTION PROMPT AT STARTUP
April 04, 2017 05:29PM
avatar
Peerblock will never die, ive been using it for years and still need it. as long as it is being developed il use it.




Peerblock for the win
Re: I- BLOCKLIST SUBSCRIPTION PROMPT AT STARTUP
April 06, 2017 04:40AM
avatar
It depends about what you considers as "updates" .

Bluetack never offered details about them opposite to Nexus23 Labs.

And now that they are gone..some ghost is pretending to "update" their -boom boom- lists.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login