Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lately, Internet down when waking from sleep mode. No blocks.

Posted by Mick P 
Lately, Internet down when waking from sleep mode. No blocks.
July 29, 2016 10:27PM
I think I had updates disabled. I recently enabled updates, and aside from the I-blocklist issue, I seem to have problem:

When I "wake up" the computer, on Windows, the Internet connection is said to be severed. To repair it, the right-click, troubleshoot option must be used. In which case, it will not repair, unless PeerBlock is disabled.

This wouldn't be surprising to me. Except that there is nothing in the PeerBlock log suggesting that the repair process was blocked by PeerBlock. The new list I used, blocks much more than the old ones. But I've just taken to enabling HTTP...

It lists lots of Bogon ranges. I don't know if those are secret handshakes. But anyway, when I do the repair, having white-listed everything that looks like it might be infrastructure, I get nothing in the logs, but the Window's automatic repair step still fails.

So I'm left to conclude that PeerBlock is somehow getting in its way, in some other way that is not packet blocking.

EDITED: I wish I could re-enable HTTP. The taskbar troubleshooter message is something like, "Could not configure the IP address." Web searches for the real message didn't turn up anything. This was the gist of it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2016 02:18PM by Mick P.
Re: Lately, Internet down when waking from sleep mode. No blocks.
July 30, 2016 07:51PM
Actually, there is something going into the logs today. I didn't see it yesterday...

Windows seems to send a "bogon" from 0.0.0.0, and even though this is in the permallow white-list, PeerBlock is logging it. And I double-checked just to be sure that the "Action" was Blocked.

I will file a bug I guess.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login