Exception Occurred!
November 29, 2009 05:32PM
An Exception Occurred!
PeerBlock 1.0+ (r223) - BETA RELEASE
Build Number 30911210223
File: .\mainproc.cpp
line: 748
Type: class sqlite3x::database_error

I don't have a clue what all this means but hopefully it will assist in getting the software to a completely stable build. It would really help if you could code the error box that pops up so that it allows us to copy and past the information. It would be much quicker to report any problems. Just a thought!

My computer is as follows: See attachment, it is just a txt file that I re-labeled to log so I could attach it with my computer information. If it is a problem on my end please advise and thank you for the program.

Charles F. Jennings
Attachments:
open | download - Report for Peerblock_30_11_2009.log (36.1 KB)
fxm
Re: Exception Occurred!
November 29, 2009 05:55PM
I don't have one to test, but hitting CTRL+C while it has the focus will copy its text to the clipboard if it is a system message box.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2009 06:01PM by fxm.
November 29, 2009 06:00PM
Thanks fxm, I'll try to remember that in the future it will be a great help!
fxm
November 29, 2009 06:02PM
charles338 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> it will be a great help!

Only if it works smiling smiley

As I said, I don't have one to test.
November 29, 2009 06:59PM
Could you please post your log and conf file as specified in the sticky post at the top of the support forum? This will help us track down your problem by giving us more information. Thanks!

[forums.peerblock.com]
November 29, 2009 07:05PM
Hi Charles,

Could you please attach your peerblock.log file too?

That error is one i have not seen before, be it seems that one of the databases PB uses internally is corrupt.

Why this is the case, i have no idea, but a suggestion to work around this problem would likely be to:

1. Close PeerBlock
  2. Delete the conents of C:\Program Files\PeerBlock\lists . This will force PB to re download your lists. unfortunately, it will also remove your permallow list, hoefully this is not a huge problem for you.
  3. Delete cache.p2p from C:\Program Files\PeerBlock . This will force PB to regenerate the cache of lists, which could be correpted.
  4. From the same folder, delete your history.db file. this will remove all historical records of blocked (or depending on your settings, allowed also) connections, but unless you like to analyse these files (most don't winking smiley) this won't be a problem.
  5. Re-open Peerblock, and let it update & generate its cache. all of your previous settings and lists (except for your custom permallow list) will still be there.

This will clear all databases, so whichever database is corrupt will simply be re-created.

I hope this helps to fix things up for you, but it would still be great if you could post your peerblock.log file so that the devs can see what initially caused this error.

Cheers!
November 29, 2009 07:26PM
Thanks for the help, requested files are attached. Sorry about not including in the beginning but I'm not as knowledgeable about theses things as some. Even reading things sometimes it just doesn't click in the brain! Charles
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.conf (6.6 KB)
open | download - peerblock.log (570.4 KB)
November 29, 2009 07:46PM
Thanks Charles for attaching those files, hopefully one of the Devs will be able to figure out what caused the problem to stop it happening for others.

Did the steps suggested fix this up for you?
November 29, 2009 08:15PM
I followed your instructions and re-started PeerBlock it is running OK now but I'll have to wait and see. I run my computer 24/7 and the message that popped up happened sometime during the night. PeerBlock was still running but I don't know if it was doing its job or just appearing to do it. I'll post again if I get the same message again. Thanks very much!
Charles
November 29, 2009 08:57PM
Glad to hear it is working now Charles! smiling smiley

Cheers!
November 30, 2009 01:33AM
Hmm, looks like the history.db file that PeerBlock stores the history of your blocked IP address into got corrupted somehow.  No idea how, though...  sad smiley  Let us know if it happens again, and if so please make a copy of your history.db file (prior to attempting to fix anything) and send it to us - this way we can at least see the corruption ourself, and maybe make some theories based on that.

Sorry you hit this problem, but thank you for reporting it.  As you said, bug reports like yours are how we can make PeerBlock as stable as it can be!

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
November 30, 2009 03:14AM
Oops sorry Mark I didn't even think to ask for the corrupted file!

After looking at Charles' log it was quite clearly the history.db file... but what caused this I have no idea!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 50
Record Number of Guests: 215 on November 08, 2012