Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error Message: Uncaught exception Line 335

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Error Message: Uncaught exception Line 335
December 31, 2009 07:20AM
This message continually flashes on my screen after PeerBlock starts up. How do I stop it from coming up other than turning off Peer block.

Build Number 30911210223
File: .\logproc.cpp
Line: 335
Type: class sqlite3x::database_error

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2009 07:22AM by mystro2005.
Attachments:
open | download - 1483313299.list (37.6 KB)
open | download - 3875799049.list (32.8 KB)
Re: Error Message: Uncaught exception Line 335
December 31, 2009 08:27AM
You can disable logging to the database which should stop it from happening.

[www.peerblock.com]

Page 1 point 5

If you require the logging to be enabled, close down PeerBlock, delete the history.db in the PeerBlock folder and start PeerBlock again. The history.db appears to have got corrupted somehow.
December 31, 2009 08:29AM
Heya mystro2005.

The sqlite3x::database_error implies to your PeerBlock unable to write to history.db for reasons unknown. Possibility is that your history.db in your PeerBlock folder is corrupted. Try renaming/deleting it and then run PeerBlock. If the problem still persist, go to your Settings and Set logging and archiving to "Do Nothing".

I hope that helped solve your problem. I don't know would it be worth the shot, but if it is indeed due to "corrupted" history.db, please attach the corrupted history.db for the possibility of analysis. You're not the only one that has encountered this problem and it'd be nice if this would help solving this issue for future cases.

More on sqlite here issue #230 (link: [code.google.com] ).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2009 08:29AM by Tippy.
Anonymous User
December 31, 2009 09:49AM
Thanks for the advice...I renamed my history file and a new one was generated and that solved the problem...My computer froze yesterday and had to do a hard reboot. After which the problem started.
Everything is working fine now..Thanks again!
December 31, 2009 10:43AM
Great, thanks for the followup! 

I've updated Issue #230 to state that the workarounds seem to be, well, working around the problem, and have targetted the bug for 1.1.  Not sure if we'll get around to implementing a full workaround for the problem (i.e. offering to delete/recreate history.db for you), but we should at least be able to present a better error message if this problem occurs.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
December 31, 2009 12:11PM
Hey guys, I'm having a similar issue here. Even though it's a bit different, I tried deleting history.db just to see what happens and I'm still having an issue starting Peerblock.

Anyone help?

EDIT: Never mind I did a classic uninstall and reinstall and it worked fine!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2009 12:17PM by BTS06.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login