Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Peerblock will not load after first use

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Peerblock will not load after first use
January 16, 2010 09:17PM
When using the installer version of Peerblock, both beta & stable release, after my first use (installation load) the client will never load again. When using the stable release I am not given an error window, only that the client will not load and that the process will not use any resources under the windows task manager. When using the beta release I am given this error. I have also noticed that upon my first run, if I leave the client running for 4-10+ hours I will be given an error message. The program will continue to function though.

When using the portable version, in my 15 minutes of testing, nothing seems to run awry. I am able to exit the client and restart without issue. However, having to readd 30 custom lists just makes me want to shed a tear.

Thank you for your continued support,
asdf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2010 09:19PM by asdf.
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.log (94 KB)
Re: Peerblock will not load after first use
January 16, 2010 10:19PM
Hmm, could you post your peerblock.conf file too?  I'm wondering if you have some duplicate lists in there - we currently don't check too well for this, and if you're downloading the same list twice (for example the Bluetack Level1 list both from iblocklist.com (via our default P2P list) and from bluetack.co.uk PeerBlock can experience some issues.  (Checking for duplicate lists like this is one of the things we're working on for the next Beta Release.)

Also, I see in the IRC chat logs that you'd mentioned having a peerblock.dmp file too.  If you could attach that file it would be helpful.

Thanks, and I'm sorry you're hitting these bugs,

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
January 16, 2010 11:01PM
Hi MarkSide,

I've uploaded the config file and an updated version of my peerblock log. I do not have a .dmp file, I was trying to figure out what they were looking for when they asked for one. It appears that there is not one in my peerblock folder, which is why I uploaded the log its place. Is there a way for me to manually create a .dmp file for peerblock for you?

No problem, and don't worry about it, kinks are bound to happen when you're trying to patch holes.

Thanks again,
asdf

Edit:
I believe I do have a few outdated lists as dupes in there. Their links should no longer work and I use them in the event I get a botched update that wipes my properly linked default lists.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2010 11:02PM by asdf.
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.conf (14.9 KB)
open | download - peerblock.log (101.4 KB)
January 17, 2010 12:34AM
Thanks for that!  Looks like the problem is the "DgDSN anti-p2p" list - probably the fact that it's in .tgz format.  At least, adding that list-URL to my PeerBlock config causes the problem...  Try opening up peerblock.conf using e.g. notepad, and deleting the:

<List>
            <Url>dgdsn.com/blocked.tgz</Url>
            <Type>block</Type>
            <Description>DgDSN anti-p2p</Description>
            <Enabled>yes</Enabled>
            <FailedUpdate>no</FailedUpdate>
            <LastUpdate>1263675386</LastUpdate>
        </List>

...lines. (I just removed the "http : //" from the URL since otherwise this forum software converts it into a reworded clickable link)

Afterwards, restart PeerBlock and I think it should start working again. Post back to let us know, and we can figure out next steps.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
January 18, 2010 08:58PM
Wow, that fixed it. You are amazing!

Would you have any suggestion as to how I can use that list without it being in that format? It does not get updated regularly so it would not be an issue if the list were just a text file on my hard drive.
January 18, 2010 09:46PM
Just download it, extract it with winrar or whatever program you use and add the "txt" extension to the extracted file.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login