Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Uncaught Exception

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Uncaught Exception
January 17, 2010 03:54AM
I am just reporting this error as requested by the program itself - hope this is the correct place.

Build: 30911210223
File: .\updatelists.cpp
Line: 1916

O/S XP Pro SP3

p.s. I just downloaded and installed this beta version of Peerblock because the previous version had accumulated over 4Gb of something - logfiles? If this is the case, there seems to be no way of limiting the size of the logfile (if this was indeed the problem)?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2010 03:59AM by sighkick.
Anonymous User
Re: Uncaught Exception
January 18, 2010 03:33AM
I got a similar message today (picture attached).

build number: 30911210223
File: .\updatelists.cpp
Line: 647
Type: class zip_error

I'm using Win7 Ultimate 32bit and Peerblock r223 portable.
This error occurred the first time and afterwards I tried to restart Peerblock without problems.

greetings,
CyberMCM
Attachments:
open | download - 2010-01-18 06 29 08.png (27 KB)
January 18, 2010 04:53AM
That error tells you that PB failed to open the compressed archived. Which lists did you have enabled when this happened? Post your logfile and your config file. [forums.peerblock.com]
Anonymous User
January 18, 2010 05:19AM
@XhmikosR:
I'm afraid, I can't post my log file, because it was overwritten :-(
My config file is attached

Lists:
Standard P2P list (http://list.iblocklist.com/?list=bt_level1)
permallow.p2p list
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.conf (4.2 KB)
Anonymous User
January 22, 2010 03:54PM
Another Peerblock Crash [Version 1.0+ (r233) - I will have to re-install this as it will not load.

Build Number: 30911210223
File: .\mainproc.cpp
Line: 919
Type: classP2P :: P2P_error
Message: invalid P2b stream: range expected (was that meant to be P2b or is that a coding error?)

Checking for update to the program.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2010 03:55PM by sighkick.
January 22, 2010 04:54PM
Heya sighkick.

This seems like an error regarding your blocklist. Perhaps you've added an invalid list or list url. Try removing the recently added lists and see what happens.
Anonymous User
January 22, 2010 05:19PM
Hi Tippy,

I do not add any lists or url's so any errors must be caused during the normal operation and default downloads from the Peerblock site [list.iblocklist.com] [ I only download Ads, P2P and Spyware ]

On trying to un-install, I found that Peerblock was still running even though there was no indication on the desktop. If reloading fails, I will revert to the latest STABLE version and hope that fixes the problem.
Anonymous User
June 14, 2010 12:00PM
I recently updated to the newest beta version of PeerBlock (r404) and since then i have the same problem of updating over and over again.
Whenever I check for Updates it throws out an Error in Line 975.
The only thing i can do is to confirm and afterwards click on the top right corner to cancel the procedure. The Abort button does not work and stays grey after pressing it.
As shown in the attachment the lists stay on "connecting" or "downloading". But it actually does nothing. I also tried to undo the update on the blizzard list but it did not work either.
I think i will downgrade or retry to update.

Hopefully i was able to help you.
btw...the fix thread did not work so far.
Keep the good work up smiling smiley

Build Number: 41006090404
File: .\updatelist.ccp
Line: 975
AntiVir/Malware: Avira Premium Security

Fix:
Exit PeerBlock
Delete all *.list files in your PeerBlock folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\PeerBlock\lists)
Start PeerBlock again and let it check for updates.
Should run smooth now

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2010 12:59AM by ProxyHamster.
Attachments:
open | download - Peerblock (r404) Updating Error.PNG (570.2 KB)
open | download - peerblock.conf (15.8 KB)
open | download - peerblock.log (107 KB)
June 14, 2010 12:37PM
Interesting.  Looks like the PeerBlock code that interfaces to the third-party "libcurl" code we use to download updates is hitting an exception.

Could you (temporarily) increase the verbosity of your logfile and attempt an update again?  This should help us narrow down the spot at which the problem is occurring.  To do this stop PeerBlock, then open peerblock.conf in e.g. Notepad.  Under the"TraceLog" section, change the "Level" value from 5 to 7.  Save the file, then start up PeerBlock again, and try to check for list updates.  Then exit PeerBlock, edit peerblock.conf again, change that Level value from 7 back to 5, then restart PeerBlock and you should be back to regular logging (otherwise it'll log WAAAY too much data, probably slowing the process down quite a bit while doing so).  Then post this new peerblock.conf file here so we can take a look at it.

While we're looking into this, one "experiment" you could try doing would be to (temporarily) disable all your lists in the List Manager, then re-enable them one at a time.  It's possible that only one of the lists is causing this problem; either way, that data would be good to know.  (Although, all lists appeared to update just fine when I attempted to run using your .conf file...)

It might also be worth checking to see if your Firewall has noticed that peerblock.exe has changed recently, and so is now preventing it from accessing the Internet (in some manner that causes us to crash).

Sorry you're getting hit by this problem, but thanks for the problem report so we can try to fix it...

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
June 15, 2010 12:55AM
I would really love to do so but i deleted all lists and re downloaded them. Afterwards the error did not appear anymore.
It really seems like a lists caused the problem i had. Seems to run smooth now but i will report any suspicious behavior of PeerBlock.

I am really sorry that i am not able anymore to help you and your team with the "experiment". sad smiley

Avira did nothing (as always) but blocking my Internet connection recently. The avwebguard sometimes multiplies its connections by 50 or so and my connection crashes but that might not have anything to do with PeerBlock. I deactivate it and after some time reactivating solves the problem.

I knew the disadvantages when i hit the Beta button winking smiley It always hits the wrong people.

All in all thank you for your fast reply...i should have red it earlier.

ProxyHamster

In addition i uploaded the *.log after the fix
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.log (313.7 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login