Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

windows7 & xp probs with all versions

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
windows7 & xp probs with all versions
January 29, 2010 05:21AM
Hello I am running windows7 home premium32 bit and have tried both the stable release and beta’s and they all give the same error:

Peerblock is unable to load the packet filtering driver.
This is likely the result of some strange bug. please report this error,
class win32_error
OpenService
The specified service does not exist as an installed service

I also have an xp pro laptop and tried running all versions of peerblock and it loads fine but never blocks anything!
I have tried pinging and isn’t blocking and also tried unticking automatic updates but still no go. And really frustrated as was using peerguardian before and uninstalled it and now i am unprotected on any of my machines.
I have spent a whole week on the forums trying to sort this out but have tried everything suggested but still doesn’t work.
Please help.
Re: windows7 & xp probs with all versions
January 29, 2010 08:53AM
This is Issue #75.  We still need to add some additional debug-code to PeerBlock to help chase this issue down.  If you "Star" that issue, you will get updated once we have a special test-build for you to run that will collect more information for us.

Sorry you're hitting this problem,

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
January 29, 2010 10:41AM
sorry probably being dumb but new to the forum and not sure what you mean by star the issue? thanks for responding so quickly
Anonymous User
January 29, 2010 10:42AM
Also the issue #75 is for windows 7 and dont get that on xp
January 29, 2010 06:10PM
Hi saria,

The link that mark gave you shows the issue on our bug tracker. if you head over there, have a look on the top left (directly left from the words " Issue 75: Unable to load driver" in the heading, with the light blue background), where there is a small white star. click that little star, and follow the prompts to log in with a google account (most people have one of these already).

This will keep you up to date with the issue, and as mark said if you install a hopefully soon to come test version, it will also help us track down the error and fix it.

I hope that helps!

Cheers!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login