Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Does it blink only for HTTP Blocks? Cause i have that off and it's blinking...

Posted by Anonymous User 
just as the title says. peerblock icon in my tray is blinking now (from time to time) and i am not using http blocking. I have notify on http block set to on. And blink tray icon on notify checked. I'm using r223 beta build, and blocking 3,152,188,201 IP's (downloads still max out my home connection around 1.2mB/s winking smiley. It's never blinked before.

Thanks for any info on this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2010 01:04AM by mistermojorizin1.
I'm not surprised this thread came up, I have noticed this aswell, refer to my thread here :

[forums.peerblock.com]

I too have the same settings as you, with HTTP Block off.

So even though the "Blink Tray Icon" is selected, it should never blink as HTTP Blocking is turned off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2010 08:25AM by kidcash.
Re: Does it blink only for HTTP Blocks? Cause i have that off and it's blinking...
February 06, 2010 05:04PM
mistermojorizin1,

hmmm, very strange indeed, i havent yet experienced this problem.

if you could post your log and conf files mistermojorizin1 the devs here could take a look in it to better diagnose your problem, thanks.

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
Re: Does it blink only for HTTP Blocks? Cause i have that off and it's blinking...
February 07, 2010 07:09AM
After looking at my settings, it seems mine are the same, yet mine flashes when http is set to allow too.

I've submitted this to the issues tracker, as Issue #263. as usual, if you would like to see this issue fixed, head over to the tracker and "star" the issue. the Devs use the number of stars to help prioritize which issue to work on next, so please star any issues that are important to you.

Thank you for the problem report!

Cheers!
February 09, 2010 08:28PM
I can't reproduce this problem myself - attempts to either ping or ftp to 3.0.0.0 do not cause the icon to start blinking.  PeerBlock r277, Win7 64-bit RC1 and WinXP 32-bit.  Would the people who're experiencing this problem please post your peerblock.log and peerblock.conf files?  I'd love to get them from as many people as possible, to maximize the chances of 1) finding a "smoking gun" in one of them, or 2) being able to find some commonality between the configs of those of you who are seeing this and those of us who are not.

Thanks,

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Mark.

Attached are :

1. My Logs at the time the icon began flashing, It happened at 23:11 and flashed around 5 times.

2. My Conf File
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.conf (3.9 KB)
open | download - pblog.txt (71.4 KB)
fxm
February 13, 2010 10:00AM
kidcash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> happened at 23:11 and flashed around 5 times.

2010-02-13 23:11:06;SingNet Pte Ltd - Suspicious activity;172.31.41.1:46849;220.255.7.221:80;UDP;Blocked
From what I have read by having HTTP Block enabled it will block traffic on Ports 80 and 443 Regardless of Protocol...... I have HTTP Allowed and from FXM's post, I have found out that Peerblock is still blocking traffic on Port 80, on UDP.

Is the HTTP Allow feature on Peerblock only for TCP Traffic?

Over at Phoenixlabs there was nothing mentioned about protocol specific blocking for HTTP so I assumed Allowing HTTP would allow it on all protocols, since Peerblock is based in the PG2 source.... Unless changes have been made but this is unlikely since the problem was present in PG2.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2010 10:09AM by kidcash.
February 14, 2010 05:57AM
@kidcash: Allow HTTP will allow traffic on the TCP protocol with ports 80 and 443. Any other protocol using port 80/443 will be blocked.

It's been this way since PG and hasn't changed at all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login