Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

driver error

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
driver error
February 06, 2010 06:26PM
Hallo
I've tried 3 versions of peerblock, it worked ok for a short while, but now I get a message when I try and load it, even if I uninstall and then reinstall. The message is:-

Peerblock is unable to load the packet filtereing driver.
This could happen if peerblock crashed and didn't have a chance to unload the driver, or if the file pbfilter.sys can't be found.

class win32_error
createfile
The system cannot find the file specified.

Haven't been able to find anything similar in teh forum, so any help much appreciated, thanks.
Re: driver error
February 06, 2010 11:08PM
if you could post your PB log and .conf files here, that would help the devs out in finding a solution faster, thanks.

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
February 07, 2010 01:28PM
Hi cdorling,

I would hazard a guess that you are experiencing issue #80.

This issue was supposed to be fixed in release 194, however mark, the developer who fixed this, was not sure about the fix as he could not actually see the error.

If you are using our stable release (r181), then upgrading to our newest beta will likely fix the problem for you. Head over to [www.peerblock.com] to download it.

It seems however that you are running a beta release - most of which will include the fix for this issue.

If this issue does not go away by installing a beta release, then, as brandonjm8 said, please post your log and conf files.

This bug was a pesky one for the devs to fix, hopefully they have actually fixed it smiling smiley

Cheers!
Anonymous User
February 08, 2010 07:55PM
Hiya

I'm currently trying to use 181. I also initially used the beta version about a couple of weeks ago, successfully at first. When the issue arose I tried a2 other versions, incl 181. If I recall, a reboot sorted out the initial problem, but nothing will now - peerblock won't load up at all, as I can't get past the message I posted. Initially, the message may have been different, at least it may have had a different number to 2.

I've read a few posts on here now and I may, like someone else, inadvertantly have loaded peerguardian at the same time as peerblock, but now pg is off my pc.

I've attached 2 files, hope they're the right ones.

Thanks for your help...
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.log (18.1 KB)
open | download - peerblock.conf (4 KB)
Anonymous User
February 09, 2010 11:27PM
i just upgraded to the new beta, never had a problem b4, dont this is either ( i found the previous version still running lol)

i got the driver error when i upgraded and tried to run the new version but then found 2 instances of peerblock which i assume was the cause because i killed the old version running and restarted the new version and have had no issues but it told me to report the error so i figured i would in hopes of trying to help peerblock, but like i say i dont think it was a real problem, just my lack of attention lol

February 10, 2010 02:07AM
Sorry to hear that you've been hitting these problems, cdorling.  I'd definitely suspect some strange interaction between old versions of PeerBlock (and/or possibly PG2, as you'd indicated).  I'd definitely recommend sticking with the Beta since you've been experiencing some issues that have been resolved by it.  Might also be worth a reboot after installing the new Beta, just to make sure that any old instances of the driver(s) are fully cleaned out from your system.

Neonerd, thanks for the problem report.  Could you post your peerblock.log and peerblock.conf files as per the Known Issues thread, so that we can look into it a bit more?

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
February 11, 2010 06:55PM
Hiya
I've installed the latest beta, dated 9/2, and... fingers crossed, alls currently well, it's great to have it back, thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login