Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Number of blocking IP's does not change after update

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Number of blocking IP's does not change after update
February 09, 2010 07:43AM
I update Peerblock everyday.

It seems to dwonload the P2P list just fine, but my number of blocking IPs stays at 774689879.

????

Windows 7 64 bit

HELP!!
Re: Number of blocking IP's does not change after update
February 09, 2010 08:47PM
we dont control the lists we use, that'd be either bluetack or iblocklist.com that youd have to contact.

but what does happen from time to time is that there just are no updates to some lists for days even weeks thus # of ip's being blocked will stay the same. dont freak out if thats the case, it happens to us all. many of the iblocklist.com's lists dont get ip's added everyday, for a more thorough answer on that topic i would refer you to iblocklist.com and speak with a "fakhir" hes the head cheese over there and should be able to give you an exact answer but i believe he'll tell you something similar to what i just said.

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
Re: Number of blocking IP's does not change after update
February 09, 2010 10:03PM
To add to what brandonjm8 said, oftentimes Bluetack - the folks who author the "Level1" list that we call "P2P" in inside PeerBlock - will flag their lists as having been updated even when they actually have not.  As part of its update-checking process PeerBlock first checks to see if a particular list has been updated, and then only downloads it if so . . . which means that we could be downloading these "marked as changed" lists even though they haven't actually changed.

I'm not definitively stating that this is what's happening now, but it has definitely happened in the past...

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login